A case control study of premorbid and currently reported physical activity levels in chronic fatigue syndrome
- Evidence for generalized hyperalgesia in chronic fatigue syndrome: a case control study. Meeus, Mira; Nijs, Jo; Huybrechts, Sven; Truijen, Steven // Clinical Rheumatology;Apr2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p393
Several studies provided evidence for generalized hyperalgesia in fibromyalgia or whiplash-associated disorders. In chronic fatigue syndrome, however, pain is a frequently reported complaint, but up to now, evidence for generalized hyperalgesia is lacking. The aim of this study is to examine...
- Functioning in individuals with chronic fatigue syndrome: increased impairment with co-occurring multiple chemical sensitivity and fibromyalgia. Brown, Molly M.; Jason, Leonard A. // Dynamic Medicine;2007, Vol. 6, p9
Background: Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), and fibromyalgia (FM) commonly co-occur. Some propose that CFS, MCS, and FM are manifestations of the same illness based on high rates of co-occurrence and overlapping diagnostic criteria. This study seeks to...
- ribose restores energy. TEITELBAUM, JACOB // Amazing Wellness;Summer2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses the benefits of supplementing with simple sugar known as ribose to treat chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia (FM). This supplement helps in improving quality of sleep, energy level optimization and in achieving mental clarity, says the author. Two studies which...
- The Use of D-Ribose in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia: A Pilot Study. Teitelbaum, Jacob E.; Johnson, Clarence; Cyr, John St. // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Nov2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p857
Objectives: Fibromyalgia (FMS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) are debilitating syndromes that are often associated with impaired cellular energy metabolism. As D-ribose has been shown to increase cellular energy synthesis in heart and skeletal muscle, this open-label uncontrolled pilot study...
- Avoidance behavior towards physical activity in chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia: the fear for post-exertional malaise. Nijs, Jo; Lundberg, Mari // Clinical Rheumatology;Jan2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p151
A response from the authors of the article "Fear of movement and avoidance behaviour toward physical activity in chronic-fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia: state of the art and implications for clinical practice," which was published in a previous issue is presented.
- CHRONIC FATIGUE/FIBROMYALGIA TREATMENT. Rose, Jeanne // Aromatic News;Spring2002, p15
Focuses on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia. Characterization of CFS; Criteria used by physicians in diagnosing CFS and fibromyalgia; Type of people easily by the diseases.
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: An Update for Athletic Trainers. Cramer, Carl R. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Oct-Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p359
Provides information on a study on clinical identification of primary fibromyalgia syndrome (PFS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Explanation on CFS and PFS; Effects of CFS and PFS to athletes; Discussion of the study.
- Say Good-bye to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Teitelbaum, Jacob E. // Total Health;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p30
Provides information on the chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia (FMS). Causes of the illnesses; Categories of problems that are needed to be treated; Infections caused by the CFS and FMS.
- Health Media Alert: Effective Treatment for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Jun2002, Issue 227, p55
Examines the proper treatment for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) in the U.S. Factors causing CFS syndromes; Treatment of poor sleep; Therapy for hormonal deficiencies.