Excessive weight gain after remission of depression in a schizophrenic patient treated with risperidone: case report
- Orlistat: A Viewpoint by F. Xavier Pi-Sunyer. Pi-Sunyer, F.X. // Drugs;Aug1998, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p250
Offers views on the anti-obesity drug orlistat. Mechanism of actio; Toxicity; Effectiveness.
- Orlistat: A Viewpoint by Madeleine L. Drent. Drent, M.L. // Drugs;Aug1998, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p250
Offers views on the anti-obesity drug orlistat. Physiological effects of orlistat; Effectiveness; Adverse effects.
- Orlistat. McNeely, W.; Benfield, P. // Drugs;Aug1998, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p241
â–´ Orlistat (tetrahydrolipstatin) is an inhibitor of pancreatic and other lipases. As a pancreatic lipase inhibitor, it acts in the gastrointestinal lumen and is indicated for use in obesity. â–´ Serum total cholesterol and low density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels were reduced in...
- Orlistat. // Reactions Weekly;9/17/2011, Issue 1369, p30
The article describes the case of a woman who developed a lichenoid drug eruption (LDE) following treatment with orlistat for obesity.
- Market impact remains unclear as pending switches head to stores. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;1/17/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p34
Reports on the increasing category sales among blockbuster drug switches in the U.S. Introduction of a new nonprescription alternative for the diet aid set in 2006; Amendment of switch application for the emergency contraceptive plan B; Plan of GlaxoSmithKline to file a switch application for...
- Safety profile of orlistat: results of a prescription-event monitoring study. Acharya, N. V.; Wilton, L. V.; Shakir, S. A. W. // International Journal of Obesity;Nov2006, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p1645
Introduction:Orlistat, the first of a new class of drugs for the treatment of obesity, was launched in the UK in December 1998. The prescribing information recommends that treatment with orlistat should be discontinued after 12 weeks if the patient has not achieved a specified loss of...
- Press coverage and sales of Xenical in Sweden, 1998—2000. Brounéus, Fredrik; Dahlin, Anna; Beermann, Björn // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Jun2005, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p285
Objective: The anti-obesity drug Xenical (orlistat, Roche) was launched on the Swedish market in February 1999. The sales peaked in May 1999 and then declined. The purpose of this study was to investigate the press coverage of Xenical during the period 1998â€“2000 and, if possible, relate...
- Supplier News. // Drug Store News;5/2/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p41
The article reports that GlaxoSmithKline PLC has agreed to promote Roche Inc.'s prescription weight-loss drug Xenical or orlistat to physicians in the U.S. just months before GlaxoSmithKline plans to file an application to switch orlistat to over-the-counter status with a different dosing...
- Pharmacotherapy for obesity. Kyoung Kon Kim // Journal of the Korean Medical Association / Taehan Uisa Hyophoe ;Apr2011, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p409
Due to its serious comorbidities and high prevalence, obesity is one of the heaviest burdens for public health. Although diet, exercise and behavioral modification are the first-line treatment for obesity, their outcomes are not satisfactory. The goal of this article is to review currently...