Topiramate in the treatment of compulsive sexual behavior: case report
- Antiepileptic drug reduces migraine attacks. // Nursing Standard;4/7/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the efficacy of antiepileptic drug, Topiramate, in migraine prevention. Characteristics of the drug; Reduction in the mean monthly migraine frequency of patients involved in the clinical trial for the drug.
- Efficacy and Safety of Topiramate in Refractory Epilepsy of Childhood: Long-Term Follow-Up Study. Grosso, Salvatore; Franzoni, Emilio; Iannetti, Paola; Incorpora, Gemma; Cardinali, Cesare; Toldo, Irene; Verrotti, Alberto; Moscano, Filomena Caterina; Lo Faro, Valentina; Mazzone, Luigi; Zamponi, Nelia; Boniver, Clementina; Spalice, Alberto; Parisi, Pasquale; Morgese, Guido; Balestri, Paolo // Journal of Child Neurology;Nov2005, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p893
This study aimed to evaluate the long-term efficacy and safety of topiramate in treating children with drug-resistant epilepsy. A multicentric, retrospective, open-label, add-on study was undertaken of 277 children (mean age 8.4 years; range 12 months to 16 years) affected by drug-resistant...
- Epilepsy drug works against hypertension. // Cortlandt Forum;9/25/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p19
Cites a study which found that obese hypertensives who took topiramate drug have lose weight and gain better blood pressure control. Division of obese hypertensives into placebo group and group that received topiramate; Occurrence of mild adverse effect on topiramate group; Mechanism by which...
- Lacosamide Tablets and Injection (VimpatÂ®). Elliott, William T.; Chan, James // Internal Medicine Alert;1/29/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses the use of Lacosamide as an adjunctive treatment of partial seizures in patients 17 years of age and older.
- The Effect of Migraine Prophylaxis on Migraine-Related Resource Use and Productivity. Láinez, Miguel J. A. // CNS Drugs;2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p727
In the US, it is estimated that up to 10% of men and 25% of women, particularly those aged 25-55 years, experience debilitating migraines, such that the condition presents an enormous economic burden for patients, health systems, employers and society. Migraine headache is a particularly...
- topiramate. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p539
This article presents information on the topiramate which is an anti-epileptic drug administered orally. Some of its side effects are abdominal pains, nausea, anorexia and weight loss, confusion, impaired speech, memory and concentration, depression and mood changes, unsteady and abnormal gait,...
- topiramate. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p1042
Provides information on topiramate, an anticonvulsant. Therapeutic indications; Mechanism of action; Pharmacokinetic characteristics; Contraindications and precautions; Adverse reactions and side effects.
- Spotlight on Topiramate in Epilepsy1. Lyseng-Williamson, Katherine A; Yang, Lily P H // CNS Drugs;2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p171
Topiramate (Topamax) is a structurally novel broad-spectrum antiepileptic drug (AED) with established efficacy as monotherapy or adjunctive therapy in the treatment of adult and paediatric patients with generalized tonic-clonic seizures, partial seizures with or without generalized seizures, and...
- Antiepileptic Drugs in the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain. Eisenberg, Elon; River, Yaron; Shifrin, Ala; Krivoy, Norberto // Drugs;2007, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p1265
Antiepileptic drugs are an effective treatment for various forms of neuropathic pain of peripheral origin, although they rarely provide complete pain relief. Multiple multicentre randomised controlled trials have shown clear efficacy of gabapentin and pregabalin for postherpetic neuralgia and...