Reconciling disparate prevalence rates of PTSD in large samples of US male Vietnam veterans and their controls
- Hereford's Hard Story. // Vietnam;Oct2012, p21
The article offers information on the Hereford killing incident, which is a less heard story of the Vietnam War.
- From Our Archive. // Naval History;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
The article presents a photograph marking the 30th anniversary of the Vietnam war, showing the USS Coral Sea operating in the South China Sea.
- Names Filled With Tears. Wilden, Alyssa // Skipping Stones;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p34
Presents a narrative of the author's experience of looking at various pictures related to the Vietnam War during 1961-1975. Information about the bad treatment of American soldiers when they returned to the U.S.; View of the author that American soldiers deserve to be thanked for loving...
- LETTER FROM SOUTH VIETNAM. Shaplen, Robert // New Yorker;4/12/1969, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p134
The article focuses on the military and political phase of the Vietnam war. The stage brings a final opportunity for the Saigon government to strengthen and consolidate itself. An agreement has been reached in Paris, France leading to the halt in the bombing of North Vietnam on November 1, 1969....
- VIETNAM: YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW. Suter, Keith // Contemporary Review;Jun2005, Vol. 286 Issue 1673, p351
Relates the author's experience in returning to Vietnam for the first time since 1974. Recollection of the country's history; Analysis of the present political condition in Vietnam; Contrasting speculations on how Vietnam could progress in the future.
- THE TALK OF THE TOWN: Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;8/26/1972, Vol. 48 Issue 27, p17
The article focuses on the use of smart bomb Fat Alberts in the Vietnam War. On August 11, 1972 the 3rd ground troops of the 21st infantry of American ground combat troops was withdrawn from Vietnam. A member of one of the bomber crews discuss with a newsman about the smart bomb. The young man...
- THE POLLS: IS WAR A MISTAKE? Erskine, Hazel // Public Opinion Quarterly;Spring70, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p134
This article presents the results of a Gallup Poll asking whether the Vietnam war was a mistake. There has never been a time when youthful doubters outnumbered older, in answer to the question. In the peace protests the young have shown their articulateness, their greater propensity to run in...
- Vietnam War Facts. // Officer Review Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p15
Provides facts about the Vietnam War. Number of military personnel who served on active duty; Demographics of killed soldiers; Rate of unaccounted American soldiers.
- Parallels between Afghanistan and Vietnam wars disturbing. Byers, Michael // CCPA Monitor;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p20
The article presents the author's view regarding the Afghanistan and the Vietnam War. The author said that both conflicts were preceded by a long history of failed foreign occupations. In both countries, long periods of coerced subservience engendered deep resentment toward foreign invaders or...