Looking for pyromania: Characteristics of a consecutive sample of Finnish male criminals with histories of recidivist fire-setting between 1973 and 1993
- CONFESSIONS OF A BACKCOUNTRY PYRO. ALVAREZ, TED // Backpacker;Oct2014, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p68
A confession of a pyromaniac is presented.
- pyromania. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1831
The article presents a definition of the term "pyromania." It refers to a violent mental disorder for setting destructive fires.
- Intervention with Children Who Set Fires. Bumpass, Eugene R.; Fagelman, F. Diane // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Jul1983, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p328
Describes the treatment of twenty-nine pyromaniacs by a "graphing" technique. Correlation of external stress, behavior and feelings on a line graph; Description of the technique and review of literature; Suggestion of prognostic indicators.
- Fetishism and Kleptomania: A Case Report in Forensic Psychiatry. Öncü, Fatih; Türkcan, Solmaz; Canbek, Özge; Yeşılbursa, Doğan; Uygur, Niyazi // Archives of Neuropsychiatry / Noropsikiatri Arsivi;2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p125
Fetishism is defined as the recurrent and intense use of nonliving objects for sexual arousal and gratification. Kleptomania is defined as a recurrent failure to resist impulses to steal objects not needed for personal use or their monetary value. Both fetishism and kleptomania cases are...
- Response to "The Diagnostic Issue.". DeClue, Gregory // Journal of Psychiatry & Law;Winter2007, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p499
One aspect of cases involving civil commitment of sexually violent predators is to distinguish a sexually violent predator from a typical recidivist. I recommend that this be done on a case-by-case basis without any a priori requirement that a person meet criteria for a certain type of diagnosis.
- Editorial. Crighton, David; Towl, Graham // British Journal of Forensic Practice;May2005, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p2
Introduces a series of articles on forensic psychiatry.
- Medium secure forensic psychiatry services. Coid, Jeremy; Kahtan, Nadji; Gault, Simon; Cook, Adrian; Jarman, Brian // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jan2001, Vol. 178, p55
Background Regional medium secure developments have proceeded unevenly, with wide variations in resources to deliver services. Aims To compare patients admitted to seven (pre-reorganisation) regional services and styles of service delivery. Method A record survey of a complete sample of 2608...
- Instruments d'Ã©valuation de l'aptitude Ã subir son procÃ¨s : une recension de la documentation scientifique. Crocker, Anne G.; Ohayon, Maurice; Caulet, Malijai // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;May1998, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p482
Objectives: To present current methods used to assess fitness to stand trial (FST), draw a parallel between these methods and studies of factors associated with decisions regarding FST, and describe the limits inherent to the field of FST. Method: Survey of the relevant literature from Psychinfo...
- Editorial. Crighton, David; Towl, Graham // British Journal of Forensic Practice;Nov2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p2
Presents an overview of several articles on forensic psychiatry, published in the November 2003 issue of "The British Journal of Forensic Practice."