Obsessive-compulsive disorder and trichotillomania: a phenomenological comparison
- Trichotillomania Associated with Bipolar Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Pathoplasty or Comorbidity? Marques Vilela, Ana Caroline; Borges Azevedo, Paulo Verlaine; Caixeta, Leonardo Ferreira; Rabelo Taveira, Daniela Londe // International Journal of Trichology;Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p36
The article focuses on the issue about the nosological status of trichotillomania (TTM), a disorder of compulsive self-directed hair pulling that often results in focal alopecia. It discusses the case of a 38-year-old white male who sought psychiatric assistance because of anxiety and plucking...
- Splitting Hairs. Raikes, Jennifer // Psychology Today;May/Jun2003, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p38
Presents an article on having trichotillomania, an impulse-control disorder that involves hair pulling. Patterns involved in the hair pulling habit as a student; Step taken to hide the habit; Manifestations of the disorder; Potential etiologies of the disorder.
- New Avenues in Management of Trichotillomania. Chawla, Omna; Singh, Gurvinder Pal; Kansal, Naveen Kumar // Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p425
A letter to the editor is presented on the management of trichotillomania.
- Rapid, illegible handwriting as a symptom of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Bavle, Amar; Andrade, Chittaranjan; Vidhyavathi, M. // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p200
This is a case report of a 13 year male child who had co-morbid OCD and trichotillomania. On evaluation, he had rapid, illegible handwriting as a symptom of OCD, which has hitherto not been reported.
- Comorbidity in Juvenile Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Report from India. Reddy, Y.C. Janardhan; Reddy, P. Srinivas; Srinath, S.; Khanna, S.; Sheshadri, S.P.; Girimaji, S.C. // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Apr2000, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p274
Objective: Using minimal exclusion criteria, to assess systematically the psychiatric comorbidity in children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and compare the findings with those of previous studies.Method: Fifty-four children and adolescents who satisfied DSM-III-R...
- TRICHOTILLOMANIA (HAIR PULLING) IN TODDLERS. Wright, Harry H.; Holmes, George R. // Psychological Reports;Feb2003, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p228
Although the clinical diagnosis of trichotillomania has been observed for more than a century, not until the last decade has there been a focus on this diagnosis in early childhood. This small case series focuses on the clinical evaluation of 10 toddlers, average of 26 mo., presenting at a...
- A 48-year-old Man With a History of Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Comorbid Bipolar, Panic Disorders. // Psychiatric Annals;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p808
The article presents a case of a 48-year-old man with a history of treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) with comorbid bipolar spectrum disorder (bipolar II) and offers options for continuing treatment and explains the reasons the solution was selected. The patient's obsessions...
- Resistant obsessive compulsive disorder (ROC): predictive factors and links with soft bipolarity. Hantouche, Elie-Georges; Demonfaucon, Christophe; Gerard, Daniel // Annals of General Psychiatry;2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 5, pS141
A conference paper on the predictive factors of resistant obsessive compulsive disorder (ROC) and links with soft bipolarity is present. Results suggest that cases with ROC should be explored through specific comorbidity, obsession of appearance and cyclothymic depression, and especially...
- Aumento de la densidad del transportador de dopamina en los pacientes con trastorno obsesivo-compulsivo sin tratamiento psicotropo previo demostrado por SPECT con [123 I]Î² -CIT. Van der Wee, Nic J.; Stevens, Henk; Hardeman, Johannes A.; Mandl, Rene C.; Denys, Damiaan A.; Van Megen, Harold J.; Kahn, René S.; Westenberg, Herman M. // American Journal of Psychiatry - EdiciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola;Mar2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p157
No abstract available.