Negative and positive childhood experiences across developmental periods in psychiatric patients with different diagnoses -- an explorative study
- The Late-Life Psychological Effects of Childhood Abuse. // Current Medical Literature: Health Care of Older People;2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p83
Examines the late-life psychological effects of childhood abuse. of psychological trauma; Effects of abuse on older adults; Implications of the knowledge on the effects on adults of childhood abuse for clinicians.
- Vestigial reflexes, gut reactions: When time is not enough to heal. Maurer, Brian T. // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p60
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of treating a four year old girl and giving her injections of vaccines for vestigial reflexes.
- In their own words: abused children's perceptions of care provided by their birth parents and foster carers. Ahmed, Kamran; Windsor, Laurie; Scott, Stephen // Adoption & Fostering;Mar2015, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p21
There are many theories as to what form good-quality parenting should take. Attachment theory emphasises providing a secure base through sensitive responding at times of emotional need. Social learning theory outlines the need for firm limits in addition to the promotion of positive...
- Maintaining integrity in chronically challenged therapeutic relationships. Hickey, Anthony // Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the psychological problems which are frequently found in individuals who have been victims of abuse, neglect or trauma and discusses the challenges that therapists face when attempting to counsel the individuals. A discussion of research which the author conducted in an...
- CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE AND LACK OF FAMILIARITY WITH ONE'S OWN BODY. Sansone, Randy A.; Chu, Jamie W.; Wiederman, Michael W. // Psychiatry (1550-5952);Aug2010, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p14
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the relationship between childhood sexual abuse and dissociation in adulthood.
- Florence: An abuse survivor with multiple physical complaints. Workman, Kayla S. // American Journal of Art Therapy;Feb97, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p83
Discusses art therapy over a six-month period with a woman who had been physically and psychologically abused in childhood by her adoptive mother. Diagnosis of somatization disorder; Use of psychologist Heinz Kohut's self-psychology as theoretical framework.
- Trauma Characteristics and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder among Adolescent Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse. McLean, Carmen; Morris, Sarah; Conklin, Phoebe; Jayawickreme, Nuwan; Foa, Edna // Journal of Family Violence;Jul2014, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p559
This study examined the relationship between the characteristics of childhood sexual abuse (CSA) and the severity of consequent posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, suicidal ideation, and substance use in a sample of 83 female adolescents aged 13-18 years seeking treatment for PTSD....
- Cloninger'in MizaÃ§ ve Karakter BoyutlarÄ± ile KiÅŸilik BozukluklarÄ± ArasÄ±ndaki Ä°liÅŸki. Arkar, Haluk // Klinik Psikiyatri Dergisi;2008, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p115
Objective: The purpose of the present study was to replicate Svrakic and his colleagues' study (2002) that explored the underlying dimensional structure of personality disorders based on Cloninger's seven-factor psychobiological model of temperament and character. Method: Temperament and...
- FACTORIAL VALIDITY OF THE SHORT FORM OF THE CHILDHOOD TRAUMA QUESTIONNAIRE (CTQ-SF) IN GERMAN PSYCHIATRIC PATIENTS, INMATES, AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS. DUDECK, MANUELA; VASIC, NENAD; OTTE, STEFANIE; STREB, JUDITH; WINGENFELD, KATJA; GRABE, HANS JÖRGEN; FREYBERGER, HARALD J.; SCHRÖDER, TINA; VON SCHÖNFELD, CARL-ERNST; DRIESSEN, MARTIN; BARNOW, SVEN; SPITZER, CARSTEN // Psychological Reports;Jun2015, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p685
For the purpose of retrospective assessment and characterization of childhood trauma in adults, the factorial validity of the short form of the Childhood Trauma Questionnaire (CTQ-SF) in Germany was evaluated by conducting confirmatory factor analyses for three samples including 1,524 adult...