Effect of simulated dawn on quality of sleep -- a community-based trial
- Influence of lateral motion transfer on sleep. Wellman, James J.; Bohannon, Michael // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug99, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p209
Examines the influence of lateral motion transfer on sleep by studying the effects of an artificial bed partner on the sleep of a real subject on the same mattress. Measurement of sleep variables by nocturnal polysomnography and a postsleep questionnaire; Motion transfer affecting only the...
- Sweat the SAD stuff. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Dec2015, p18
The article focuses on ways to deal with the seasonal affective disorder (SAD). The cause of SAD is linked to reduced exposure to natural light. The treatment for SAD can include anti-depressants, cognitive therapy and light therapy and using special, bright lamps that mimic natural daylight....
- RELACIONES ENTRE PERCEPCIÃ“N DE RIESGOS PSICOSOCIALES Y HÃBITOS DE SUEÃ‘O. Díaz-Ramiro, Eva M.; Rubio-Valdehita, Susana; Luceño-Moreno, Lourdes; Martín-García, Jesús // Ansiedad y EstrÃ©s;Dec2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2/3, p249
Sleeping habits and the subjective perception of the former determine people's health and general well-being. These sleep parameters of sleep are modulated by the job demands. Previous studies have analyzed the relationship between some psychosocial factors (social support, organizational...
- Training time and adaptation to lack of daylight: a case report. Calogiuri, Giovanna; Beldo, Sigurd; Roveda, Eliana; Montaruli, Angela; Carandente, Franca; Weydahl, Andi // Sport Sciences for Health;Mar2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p37
A pilot study was conducted to describe the reaction to lack of daylight and different training times of circadian rhythms and sleep in a subject arriving in Alta (Northern Norway) from Milan (Italy) in the darkness period. Monitoring sessions by heart rate (HR) monitor and actigraph were...
- After costing me sleep, Daylight Saving Time must go. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;11/24/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p2A
The article presents the author's reflection concerning the impact of Daylight Saving Time on her sleeping habit.
- Shed light on winter blues. // Consumer Reports on Health;Mar1997, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p29
Reveals that regular exposure to bright indoor lights can help some people with seasonal affective disorder. Information resources.
- SAD symptoms can be alleviated with light. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/6/95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on winter-depression or Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Effects of SAD; Seasons of the year when SAD affects individuals; Cause of the disorder; Cure for the disorder; Effect of SAD on brain serotonin; Therapy for the disorder.
- Battling the holiday blues. Cohan, Gary R. // Advocate;12/12/95, Issue 696, p39
Presents advice on dealing with the seasonal affective disorder (SAD) that strikes people during fall and winter seasons. Factors that cause depression; Indications and treatment for SAD.
- SAD RX. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec93, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the drug buproprion as a treatment for seasonal affective disorder. Circadian rhythm; Pilot study at the Ohio State University.