Functioning styles of personality disorders and five-factor normal personality traits: a correlation study in Chinese students
- The Reliability and Validity of the Turkish Version of Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (Turkish PCL-R). Tutuncu, Recep; Kilic, Selim; Basoglu, Cengiz; Alpay Ates, Mehmet; Algul, Ayhan; Balibey, Hakan; Gunay, Huseyin; Semiz, Umit Basar; Oge, Cem; Ebrinc, Servet; Cetin, Mesut // Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bulteni;2015, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p118
Objectives: Psychopathy is a distinct personality organization and differs from antisocial personality disorders in many aspects. Its diagnosis is challenging but also critical to predict criminality. In this context, Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R) is a useful tool in the diagnosis of...
- DSM-III and the Diagnosis of Borderline . Goldstein, William M. // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Jul1983, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p312
Presents a historical review of influential diagnostic approaches when diagnosing borderline personality disorders. Comparisons between the DSM-III and emerging approaches; Conditions and requirements for improving one's understanding of the condition.
- Psychopathic Traits in Adolescence and the Five Factor Model of Personality. Roose, Annelore; Bijttebier, Patricia; Claes, Laurence; Lilienfeld, Scott; Fruyt, Filip; Decuyper, Mieke // Journal of Psychopathology & Behavioral Assessment;Mar2012, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p84
The present study aimed to expand work on psychopathic traits and the Five Factor Model (FFM; ). The associations between the three factors of psychopathy and personality traits-assessed by means of the Youth Psychopathic Traits Inventory (YPI, Andershed et al. 2002) and the Neuroticism,...
- Personality styles in the workplace. Sperry, Len // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Dec95, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p422
Looks at the difference between personality disorders and personality styles. Description of personality disorders and personality styles; Patterns for each personality; Shared dispositional features; Interpersonal, biological, and psychological determinants of various personality styles.
- Antisocial behavior and personality disorders. Svrakic, Dragan M.; McCallum, Kimberli // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Apr1991, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p181
Explores syndromes of antisocial (A-S) behavior in the context of clinical psychiatry and psychiatric nosology. Relationship between A-S behaviors and personality disorders; Vertical and horizontal continua of A-S behaviors.
- Agony column. Kurtz, Irma // Cosmopolitan;Sep94, Vol. 217 Issue 3, p80
Discusses various personal problems. Marriage with a compulsive masturbator; Parental disapproval of a child's relationship with a former professor in college; Feelings towards a stillborn baby; Motivation needed by a dreamer; Allegedly attitude problem of a boyfriend; Obsession over a mother's...
- Controversial Issues in the Diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder: A Review of the Literature. Rivas, Luis A. // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Jan2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p22
The publication of the third edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (American Psychiatric Association, 1980) marked the introduction of the multiaxial classification system for mental disorders. Axis H disorders, or "Personality disorders/Mental retardation," have...
- Characteristics of personality disorders. // American Family Physician;2/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p700
Presents information on an article from the October 1996 issue of the periodical `Australian Family Physician' that focuses on the typical characteristics that define persons suffering from personality disorders. Age in life that such disorders can be traced to; Treatment used for such disorders.
- Dx: Personality disorder...now what? Linehan, Marsha M.; Oldham, John M. // Patient Care;6/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p75
Discusses diagnostic criteria for personality disorders. Definition of personality disorders; Borderline personality; Antisocial disorders; Implications on primary care practice.