Risk factors of thyroid abnormalities in bipolar patients receiving lithium: a case control study
- Lithium treatment and preoperative fluid deprivation. Schou, M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/7/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6301, p1253
Focuses on the treatment with lithium for manic-depressive illnesses. Side effects of the treatment; Absence of excretion reduction of lithium; Effect of fluid deprivation to patients.
- Adverse Reaction Research. // Reactions Weekly;4/10/2004, Issue 996/997, p3
Discusses several studies on adverse drug reactions. Potential link between childhood vaccination and type 1 diabetes; Need to document antipsychotic-induced extrapyramidal symptoms in hospitalized patients; Effect of lithium therapy on thyroid stimulating hormone levels in children and...
- Lithium. // Reactions Weekly;5/8/2004, Issue 1000, p11
Describes a case report on the side effects of the drug lithium on a patient with bipolar disorder. Development of lithium toxicity in the patient; Duration of drug use; Drug dosage taken by the patient.
- Zotepine. // Reactions Weekly;9/27/2008, Issue 1221, p31
The article describes the case of a 22-year-old Asian woman who experienced QT interval prolongation following administration of zotepine. The condition of the patient with bipolar I disorder had been previously managed with risperidone and lithium. Rapid mood fluctuations prompted a change from...
- Ä°laca BaÄŸlÄ± Tiroid BozukluklarÄ±. Kökümer, Müge; Şehirli, Ahmet Özer // Journal of Marmara University Institute of Health Sciences;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p191
No abstract available.
- Adverse Reaction Research. // Reactions Weekly;7/3/2010, Issue 1308, p3
The article discusses a research study on the association between continued use of antidepressants and acute psychiatric events in patients with manic of mixed bipolar disorder episodes, referencing a study by M. Sussman and colleagues presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric...
- Thyroid diseases as a sequelae following treatment of head and neck cancer. Banipal, R. P. S.; Mahajan, M. K.; Uppal, B.; John, M. // Indian Journal of Cancer;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p194
AIMS: To evaluate the radiation-induced sequelae on thyroid gland and influence of concomitant chemotherapy. MATERIALS AND METHODS: This prospective study was carried out on 53 patients of head and neck carcinoma in the age group of 30-75 years (55.9 years). Patients were treated with external...
- Bir Olgu: Lityum Tedavisinin 24. GÃ¼nÃ¼nde Saptanan Hipotiroidi. Öncü, Fatih; Sevim, Meltem Efe; Canbek, Özge; Uygur, Niyazi // Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bulteni;Mar2009 Supplement, Vol. 19, pS253
Lithium, which is frequently used in the treatment of bipolar affective disorders, can lead to thyroid dysfunctions. Hypothyroidism in patients using lithium is quite common. Lithium-associated hypothyroidism develops most often during the first two years of treatment. Altough hypothyroidism may...
- Risk Factors for Rhabdomyolysis with Simvastatin and Atorvastatin. Ronaldson, Kathlyn J.; O'Shea, Justine M.; Boyd, Ian W. // Drug Safety;Aug2006, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p1061
OBJECTIVE: To assess the frequency of risk factors for rhabdomyolysis with simvastatin and atorvastatin in cases reported to the Australian Adverse Drug Reactions Advisory Committee (ADRAC).A comparison of the age profile for reports of atorvastatin- and simvastatin-associated rhabdomyolysis...