Mental health first aid training for the public: evaluation of effects on knowledge, attitudes and helping behavior
- Learning basic first aid applications. // Charlotte Post;7/3/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p1B
The article focuses on the need of learning basic first-aid applications to handle nose bleeding, broken bones and injuries and also reflects on the need of having a first-aid kit that comprises of the First Aid manual, sterile gauze pads and antibiotic creams.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY... Cole, Louise // Truck & Driver;Apr2010, p78
The article presents the author's advice for truck drivers in Great Britain for handling emergencies and giving basic first-aid in case of a road accident. The very first thing is to check if the casualty is breathing and clear the airway and help them breathe. She elaborates on how to treat an...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Dua, Anahita // Military Medicine;Jul2014, Vol. 197 Issue 7, pvii
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Comparison of Self-Efficacy and Its Improvement After Artifical Simulator or Live Animal Model Emergency Procedure Training" by A. B. Hall and colleagues in the 2014 issue.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Hall, Andrew // Military Medicine;Jul2014, Vol. 197 Issue 7, pvii
A response by Andrew Hall to a letter to the editor about their article "Comparison of Self-Efficacy and Its Improvement After Artifical Simulator or Live Animal Model Emergency Procedure Training" n the 2014 issue is presented.
- Mental health first aid training. // Navajo Times;4/18/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 16, pC-2
This section announces the schedule of a free mental health first aid training course which will be held at the Northern Arizona Regional Behavioral Health Authority in Flagstaff, Arizona on May 14-15, 2013.
- First Responders. // Living Woods;May/Jun2012, Issue 22, p52
The article focuses on the need for people who work or love being in the woods to enroll in Wilderness First Aid course. It mentions that one must know how to stop bleeding from a wound or manage a heart or asthma attack. It mentions that one must bring a First Aid kit and an Army Life Support...
- FIRST AID KIT. // First Aid at Sea;2008, p26
The article discusses the suitable contents of first aid kit in boats. It is implied that medical kit contents depend on the number of crew, the level of first aid capabilities accessible onboard, and the boat's expected sailing distance. Long distance cruise requires experienced advice on its...
- Wilderness First Aid: Managing Remote Area Medical Issues. Forgey, William W. // Wilderness & Environmental Medicine (Allen Press Publishing Serv;Summer2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p106
The article discusses a report within the issue about first aid in wilderness areas.
- First aid is more than a packet of sticking plasters. Zack-Williams, Semra // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/25/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4800, p35
The article discusses the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR) and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (FAR). Starting October 1, 2013, changes to RIDDOR include a list of specified injuries and replacement of industrial diseases with...