Saturating representation of loop conformational fragments in structure databanks
- A t-private k-database information retrieval scheme. Blundo, Carlo; D�Arco, Paolo; De Santis, Alfredo // International Journal of Information Security;2001, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p64
A private information retrieval scheme enables a user to privately recover an item from a public accessible database. In this paper we present a private information retrieval scheme for k replicated databases. The scheme is information-theoretic secure for coalitions of databases of size t = k -...
- Electricity a concern in large data centers. Schwartz, Ephraim; Briody, Dan // InfoWorld;03/27/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p32
Deals with the problems faced by the increasing numbers of data centers in anticipation for the growth of outsourcing. Factors that make electric companies halt their data center upgrade; Key to most data centers in offering their service.
- Foreword to the Special Issue on "New Trends in Databases and Information Systems". PECHENIZKIY, MYKOLA; WOJCIECHOWSKI, MAREK // Control & Cybernetics;2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p711
A foreword to "New Trends in Databases and Information Systems" is presented.
- Evaluating the Data on Data Loggers. Aldis-Wilson, Scott M. // R&D Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p59
Focuses on how to evaluate the data on data loggers. Capabilities of data loggers; Primary advantage of using loggers; Details on the operation of data loggers.
- Chapter 2: Entity Extraction: Rule-based Methods. // Foundations & Trends in Databases;2007, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p282
Chapter 2 of the book "Foundations and Trends in Databases: Information Extraction," Vol. 1, is presented. It discusses the rule-based methods for entity extraction which consist of two parts including a collection of rules and a set of policies to control the firings of multiple rules. It also...
- Randomised trial of personalised computer based information for cancer patients. Jones, Ray; Pearson, Janne // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/06/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7219, p1241
Provides information on a study which compared the use and effect of a computer based information system for cancer patients that is personalized. Overview of the information system; Participants and methods; Results and conclusion.
- Constraint-based Interoperability of Spatiotemporal Databases*. Chomicki, Jan; Revesz, Peter Z. // GeoInformatica;Sep1999, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p211
We propose constraint databases as an intermediate level facilitating the interoperability of spatiotemporal data models. Constraint query languages are used to express translations between different data models. We illustrate our approach in the context of a number of temporal, spatial, and...
- RADIOLOGICAL IMAGE DATA MIGRATION. Maass, M.; Kosonen, M.; Kormano, M. // Acta Radiologica;Jul2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p426
Abstract Purpose: To identify costs deriving from data migration of obsolete digital archives by measuring the workload, and to analyse migration-associated problems. Material and Methods: Two digital archives were used (DTL and MOD) and the capacity of these archives could no longer support the...
- The Next Era in Appraisal: Opportunity vs. Obsolescence. Dorchester Jr., John D. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1985, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p9
Presents an outlook on the next era in appraisal. Historical background; Computer revolution; Appraisal methodology as it applies to databasing and information processing concepts; Possible applications for new technologies; Current status of data information resources.