Desperately Seeking 'Dresden' Support
- Sci Fi in biz with Saturn. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/23/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 37, p2
The article reports on the agreement between Sci Fi Channel and Saturn Films. Sci Fi Channel engineered an 11-episode commitment to a contemporary supernatural detective series from Lionsgate TV, The Dresden Files. According to executive vice president Mark Stern from the original programming...
- Sci Fi Adds New Hybrids To Its Fleet of Originals. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;5/1/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p8
The article focuses on the television programming of the Sci Fi Channel for the 2006 to 2007 season. "The Dresden Files" and "Who Wants to Be a Superhero?" are some of the programs that will be launched by the cable network. Sci Fi also launched Sci Fi Pulse, a broadband site that will include...
- Sci-fi goes hi-tech for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p20
Reports on the expansion of the fall program schedule of Sci-Fi Channel with a handful of additional original series that use a high-tech strategy to capture younger audience. List of line up of Sci-Fi's television programs and their features; Several specials.
- Sci-Fi renews two shows. // Electronic Media;11/25/96, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p13
Reports on the ordering of two episodes of the series, `Trailer Park,' and `The Anti-Gravity Room,' by the Sci-Fi Channel.
- Sci Fi: It's Not Just Aliens Anymore. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p22
Focuses on the decision of Sci Fi Channel to broaden programming to increase audience share. Discussion on the need to change the perception of science fiction; Details of the channels' roster of television mini-series; Plans of Sci Fi to double the channel's movie production.
- Who is No. 2? Rogers, Adam; Tanaka, Jennifer // Newsweek;6/26/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p8
Informs that the Sci-Fi Channel and New York online conclave ECHO will present the '60s British show, `The Prisoner,' starring Patrick McGoohan, on June 22, 1995. How to qualify for chat on a coming quiz contest on Sci-Fi's Web site.
- `Sliders' slides over to Sci-Fi. Rice, Lynette // Broadcasting & Cable;06/30/97, Vol. 127 Issue 27, p74
Reports on Sci-Fi Channel's purchase of exclusive rights to the Universal Television drama `Sliders.' Plans to show old and new episodes of the series; Average Nielsen rating of Sliders.
- The Dresden Files. Lowry, Brian // Variety Movie Reviews;1/15/2007, p13
The article reviews the television program "The Dresden Files," starring Paul Blackthorne and Valerie Cruz.
- The Dresden Files. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;1/18/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 15, p8
The article reviews the television program "The Dresden Files" starring Paul Blackthorne, Valerie Cruz, and Terence Mann.