Desperately Seeking 'Dresden' Support
- Sci Fi Adds New Hybrids To Its Fleet of Originals. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;5/1/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p8
The article focuses on the television programming of the Sci Fi Channel for the 2006 to 2007 season. "The Dresden Files" and "Who Wants to Be a Superhero?" are some of the programs that will be launched by the cable network. Sci Fi also launched Sci Fi Pulse, a broadband site that will include...
- Sci Fi in biz with Saturn. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/23/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 37, p2
The article reports on the agreement between Sci Fi Channel and Saturn Films. Sci Fi Channel engineered an 11-episode commitment to a contemporary supernatural detective series from Lionsgate TV, The Dresden Files. According to executive vice president Mark Stern from the original programming...
- Sci-fi goes hi-tech for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p20
Reports on the expansion of the fall program schedule of Sci-Fi Channel with a handful of additional original series that use a high-tech strategy to capture younger audience. List of line up of Sci-Fi's television programs and their features; Several specials.
- Sci-Fi renews two shows. // Electronic Media;11/25/96, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p13
Reports on the ordering of two episodes of the series, `Trailer Park,' and `The Anti-Gravity Room,' by the Sci-Fi Channel.
- Sci Fi: It's Not Just Aliens Anymore. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p22
Focuses on the decision of Sci Fi Channel to broaden programming to increase audience share. Discussion on the need to change the perception of science fiction; Details of the channels' roster of television mini-series; Plans of Sci Fi to double the channel's movie production.
- Who is No. 2? Rogers, Adam; Tanaka, Jennifer // Newsweek;6/26/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p8
Informs that the Sci-Fi Channel and New York online conclave ECHO will present the '60s British show, `The Prisoner,' starring Patrick McGoohan, on June 22, 1995. How to qualify for chat on a coming quiz contest on Sci-Fi's Web site.
- `Sliders' slides over to Sci-Fi. Rice, Lynette // Broadcasting & Cable;06/30/97, Vol. 127 Issue 27, p74
Reports on Sci-Fi Channel's purchase of exclusive rights to the Universal Television drama `Sliders.' Plans to show old and new episodes of the series; Average Nielsen rating of Sliders.
- Space continuum. Moltenbrey, Karen // Computer Graphics World;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the television program 'Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers' aired on the Sci Fi Channel in the U.S. Name of the writer; Theme of the television program; Number of visual effects shots portraying the futuristic universe.
- Battlestar Galactica. Vary, Adam B. // Entertainment Weekly;12/28/2007, Issue 971/972, special section p17
The article discusses galacticasitrep.blogspot.com, a website dedicated to the television program "Battlestar Galactica." The site was launched in December 2005 and features mini-essays, links to reviews, and news updates. The program's official site run by the Sci-Fi Channel,...