Cablers Keep 'Giving' in Mind
- TV Everywhere's Unfi nished Business. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses issues related to the TV Everywhere (TVE), a verification system concerning television service providers and Internet Protocol television. It mentions that several cable telecommunications companies including Time Warner Cable Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp. and Cox...
- PolyCipher steering DCAS effort. // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the establishment of the nonprofit company PolyCipher, a joint venture of Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cox Communications Inc., which aims on downloadable conditional access system (DCAS) in cable industry in the U.S. DCAS is a separable security platform that...
- Mmm, mmm, good! Arlen, Gary // CED;Jun2007, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p20
Information about the success of the NCTA Cable Show 2007 for new technologies that was held in Las Vegas, Nevada in May is presented. It is stated that the conference satisfied subscribers, due to the introduction of new technologies, new business strategies and several information about what...
- WEATHERING A FIRESTORM. Neel, K.C. // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on fire-disaster aid provided by cable television providers Charter Communications, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable for victims of the forest fire in Southern California. The cable companies began replacing cables and fiber damaged by the fire to resume service to...
- TWC LOSES VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 129,000 video subscribers lost by Time Warner Cable in the fourth quarter of 2011, adding to a total loss of 453,000 video subscribers for the cable operator in 2011.
- Web TV Plans Percolate. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on two multiple system operators which are still under in the discussion phase with programmers regarding their plan of offering cable television programming with no additional charge to their existing video subscribers in the U.S. Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and...
- TWC pumps $850,000 into new state-of-the-art hub in S.C. // CED;Aug2012, p8
The article reports on the innovative approach taken by cable operator Time Warner Cable Inc. to its hub in Summerville, South Carolina, which groups services together into pods.
- What $200 Buys a TWC 'Signature' Sub. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p24
The article reports on the launch of white-glove customer service package Signature Home from Time Warner Cable Inc.
- The Future of Cable's Independent Voices. Gutstein, Chad // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p31
In this article, the author expresses his views on dropping of the television network Ovation from the channel line-up of Time Warner Cable Inc. He mentions that Time Warner Cable's chairman has claimed that cable companies need to take severe measures on elevating programming costs. He adds...