The Winner Is: Not Here
- BROADCAST NETS TAKE BACKSEAT TO CABLERS. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;12/19/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 61, pA8
The article reports that cable networks dominated the television categories of the Golden Globe Awards in the U.S. Among the nominees, only three shows are coming from the broadcast networks. Most of the nominations of any network with 18 was earned by HBO. Glenn Close who is the lead character...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- TNT Floats New Deal Points. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the condition of programs of Turner Network Television under the rate-card agreement of the company to cable operators. Programs subjected to blackout; Number of regular-season games to be aired; Acquisition of first-run television rights of the movie 'Lord of the Rings.'
- 'Dead Zone' Enlivens Cable's Viewership. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p8
Reports the condition of the television program 'The Dead Zone' on the viewership of USA Network. Improvement on the average household rating; Impressions on the performance of the broadcasters; Continuance in the patronage of the program at unprecedented levels.
- That's the way they became the cable bunch. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p24
Presents information on the demand from cable television networks for old television programs. Reference to `The Brady Bunch,' and `The Mary Tyler Moore Show,' television programs; Details on the performance of the Nick at Nite cable television network; Comments from Diane Robinson, vice...
- CNN long on long-form. Petrozzello, Donne // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the plans of Cable News Network to broadcast more long-form news programming. Time network will air documentaries; Debut of `Newsnight,' on January 12, 1998; Indepth look at network's plans.
- FX hopes it's found a favorite `Son'. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Reports the launch of `Son of the Beach' television program of FX in the United States. Schedule of program airing; Budget of the network on programming for the year 2000; Television programs launched in the network; Program producer; Cost per-episode of the program; Expectations of FX...
- â€œCNN: Three Years after Tailwindâ€. Vistica, Gregory L. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2001, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the Operation Tailwind program of Cable News Network. Controversy of the Tailwind story; Assessment on the practice of bad journalism; Comparison of the story of Bob Kerrey with the Tailwind segment.