Placing Chips on AT&T's U-verse
- AT&T Talks 'Mobile-Centric' Internet TV To Homes. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;12/8/2015, p00
The article reports on the acquisition of mobile entertainment services content rights of DirecTV Group Inc. by the telecommunications company AT&T Inc. Topics discussed include the insights of chief executive officer (CEO) Randall Stephenson on the selling of mobile entertainment packages, the...
- AT&T U-VERSE ARRIVES IN DECATUR WITH NEW TV SERVICE. // RBOC Update;Nov2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the launch of AT&T U-verseï¿½ telecommunication services in locations across Decatur, Alabama.
- AT&T ADDS MORE SECOND-SCREEN FEATURES TO U-VERSE. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/16/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the move of AT&T to expand the features and video offerings on its TV Everywhere U-verse application for Apple devices.
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;6/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p2
Presents updates on the U.S. cable television industry as of June 2006. Wholesale distribution agreements of Echostar and DirecTV with satellite broadband service WildBlue Communications; Launch of DishGames by DISH.
- The NFL Scores on the Web. LaGesse, David // U.S. News & World Report;10/15/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p68
This article looks at the presentation of National Football League (NFL) games over the Internet by DirecTV's Supercast service. How and if the broadcasts will continue is up in the air with the news that Sling Media, a partner in the venture, has been sold to archrival EchoStar which owns Dish...
- Joost Shifts Its Online TV Strategy. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p30
The article reports that "Joost," an Internet television (TV) startup, shifts its online strategy into direct-to-customer online video which aims to refocus it efforts in giving a white-label platform for media firms.
- Internet TV delivery picks up global speed. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;11/19/2012, Vol. 429 Issue 2, p2
The article considers economic forecasting on the mass media industry stating that revenues from Internet television will increase dramatically from 2012-2017.
- IPTV's Biggest Growth Tied to Global Markets. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2007, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that international base of IPTV subscribers have continued to grow in 2007. According to the Global Broadband Subscriber Survey, IPTV subscribership is continuously growing to 2.7 million consumers in the third quarter. In the U.S., IPTV continues to be the domain of smaller...
- AT&T Expecting to Hit 1 Million U-Verse Subs. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the improved performance of AT&T's U-verse TV in the United States. AT&T claims that the service is on pace to reach one million subscribers by the end of 2008. U-verse TV had 231,000 subscribes at the end of 2007, an increase of 83 percent from 126,000 three months...