Why Workforce Innovation Pays Off
- CAREER PATHS. Building a Successful (Remote) Team. TOLAN, TIM // Healthcare Informatics;Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p48
The author discusses the challenges arising in hiring far-flung employees to present various tips that can be useful for hiring and retaining remote employees for building a successful remote team. Including the remote employees in selection process of new remote team members and planning...
- Start-up proliferation gives employees upper hand. Smith, Hilary // RCR;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p30
Focuses on wireless communication firms' revision of their retention efforts. Glut of mergers and acquisitions; Abundance of start-up companies; Leverage for employees; Alternative job offers for most employees.
- Cracking the code of J-school hiring. Peck, Abe // B to B;Nov2012 Media Business, p30
The author discusses tips for mass media companies on how to recruit and retain top content staffers in the U.S. It cites the advice of several executives in the industry regarding the importance for the industry to clarify their cross-platform packages and emphasize digital search and metrics....
- Teleworkers can damage main office work culture. Bednarz, Ann // Network World;1/14/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses the risks posed by teleworkers to main office work culture. A study by a management professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute shows that high numbers of telecommuters in an office can damage traditional workers' job satisfaction and increase the likelihood that they...
- Motivation Model for Employee Retention: Applicability to HRM Practices in Malaysian SME Sector. Zin, Sakinah Mat; Ahmad, Noorazlina; Ngah, Nazlin Emieza Binti; Ismail, Rusnah Binti; Ibrahim, Norlaila Binti; Tan Bin Abdullah, Iskandar Hasan; Ahmad Tajuddin, Nur Haizah binti // Canadian Social Science;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
In the Vision 2020, Malaysian government aims at achieving a developed nation status by the year 2020. To realize the vision, the country needed the support and motivation from all Malaysians. Hence, human resource management (HRM) plays an important role for the said vision since it is a...
- GE'S PEOPLE POWER. Marquez, Jessica // Workforce Management;7/23/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 13, p1
An interview with General Electric (GE) human resource (HR) head Bill Conaty is presented. He describes the reasons why differentiation plays a huge part in the company's culture. He offers his views on some comments that the company's stance on getting rid of the bottom 10 percent performers is...
- Get with the programme. Watkins, Jon // People Management;6/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p14
Details the leadership program to be launched by the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to transform the culture at the organization. Number of BBC managers; Impact of the program on the budget of the human resource department; Outlook on the potential effect of the program on employee retention.
- WAITING IN THE WINGS. Jones, Gareth // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p30
The article describes how human resources (HR) professionals can address the problem of attracting, recruiting and retaining employees. It argues that in order for a business to attract and retain talented employees, it should develop inspired teams and appropriate structures and cultures that...
- The Eyes Have It. Allenbaugh, Eric // HR Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p101
Discusses the importance of addressing the issue of disengagement among employees. Role of leaders in shaping corporate culture; Influence of corporate culture on job fulfillment, productivity and customer service; Description of the three types of employees; Strategies for retaining key employees.