Globalization: What's New? What's Not? (And So What?)
- Untitled. // Scholastic Update;9/3/93, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p23
Lists words pertaining to United States foreign policy. Cold War; Communism; Coup; Covert action; Foreign aid; Free trade; Isolationism; Interventionism; National security; National interest; Protectionism; Tariff; Definitions.
- DEFINITIONS. // Monthly Statistics of International Trade -- Statistiques mensue;Jan2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 1, p7
Presents the definition of several terms related to international trade. Information on trade systems; Goods to be included and excluded in the detailed international trade statistics; Definition of Intrastat; Difference between the statistics from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and...
- ABCs OF E-BUSINESS. Babcock, Barbara // Credit Union Management;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p8
Presents information on the terms used by computer users for electronic commerce. Graphical User Interface; Local Area Network; Spamhausen; Usenet; Zombie; M-Commerce.
- Security and payment glossary. // InfoWorld;06/23/97, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p104
Presents a glossary of terms concerning security and payment in electronic commerce. Includes certification authority; Data encryption; Digital signature; CyberCash; Smart card; Electronic checking; Secure Electronic Payment Protocol.
- Out With 'E-Business'. Goldberg, Aaron // Adweek Magazines' Technology Marketing;Feb2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
Comments on the redundancy of the use of the buzzword electronic business (e-business). Popularity of using the e-business buzzword; Factors which caused the need for the dispatch of old buzzwords such as e-business; Suggested components of the word which would replace e-business.
- INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES: III. REGIONAL ORGANIZATIONS: South Pacific Commission. // International Organization;Aug51, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p639
This article discusses the works of the South Pacific Commission. On its seventh session convened at New Caledonia from April 28 to May 7, 1951, discussion was dealt with: (1) plans for the conference of experts on filariasis and elephantiasis which was to convene in Tahiti in August; (2)...
- COUNTRY NOTES. // Monthly Statistics of International Trade -- Statistiques mensue;Jan2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 1, p124
Provides information on the member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. System of trade in Canada; Valuation of imports and exports of the U.S.; Goods included and excluded in the statistics of Australia; Partner countries of New Zealand.
- 120,000 AMERICAN AMBASSADORS. Wanger, Walter // Foreign Affairs;Oct39, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p45
This article looks at how America's motion pictures can be viewed as its most direct ambassadors to the masses of the world. They function as a reminder that there exists a way of life in which the individual counts, in which hatred and regimentation do not comprise the sole motive and method of...
- Interdependence Theory and the Measurement of International Conflict. Pevehouse, Jon C. // Journal of Politics;Feb2004, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p247
Discussions of trade interdependence and its political implications occasionally discuss the operationalization of interdependence in some detail, yet the measurement of the dependent variableï¿½international conflictï¿½has largely been taken for granted. Because of this absence, current...