From Blazing Trails to Building Highways: SUWA v. BLM & Ancient Easements over Federal Public Lands
- New Mining Regs, New Discontent. Fields, Scott // Environmental Health Perspectives;Feb2002, Vol. 110 Issue 2, pA 74
Comments on rules issued in 2002 for mines that operate on public land overseen by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. Protests from environmental organizations; Rules vital to protecting the environment that were removed.
- BLM to manage for OHVS. // Dirt Bike;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the United States Bureau of Land Management's introduction of a national strategy to manage its land for off-highway vehicle (OHV) use. Apparent effort to head off more lawsuits by environmental extremists; Recognition of the importance of OHV recreation.
- Land-Swap Flop. Grossman, Elizabeth // Audubon;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p22
Reports that the United States (US) federal government has traded beyond 1.5 acres of land to private-property owners under its land exchange program from 1995 to 1999. Benefits of the program; Reason a US federal court stopped the operations of Weyerhaeuser company in Washington State; How the...
- BLM issues final rules on hardrock mining. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May97, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p16QQ
Reports on the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) issuance of a final rule on bonding and reclamation for hardrock mining on public lands. Bond or other financial guarantee as a requirement for operating on an unpatented mining claim; Unacceptable financial instruments; Procedure for phased...
- New twists in debate over public land. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;4/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 103, p4
Focuses on land managed by the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in the United States West. Political struggle over who owns federal lands; Push by locals for more control of land in the West overseen by the BLM; Measure by Senator Pete Domenici proposing the sale of $350...
- Notice of Temporary Closure of Public Lands in Custer County, ID. Kraayenbrink, Joe // Federal Register;10/19/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 203, p64352
The article informs about a notice of temporary closure issued by the U.S Department of the Interior's Bureau of Land Management (USBLM) to inform the public regarding temporary closure of motorized travel and human entry in the public lands under the Challis Field Office of the USBLM in Idaho...
- Public Land Order No. 7823; Extension of Public Land Order No. 7032; Alaska. Castle, Anne J. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/11/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 47, p13670
The article presents a notice from the U.S. Department of the Interior and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) on Public Land Order No. 7823 and the extension of No. 7032 in Alaska.
- Forest Service, BLM Move Ahead With Interchange. // National Parks;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 59 Issue 7/8, p6
Reports on the plan of the Interior and Agriculture departments to interchange million acres of Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands in the U.S. Purpose of the planned interchange; Factors to consider in a federal interchange of lands; Problems that must be worked out in an...
- Public Land Order No. 7808; Extension of Public Land Order No. 6965; AK. Suh, Rhea S. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;2/21/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 35, p12084
A summary is presented of the Public Land Order No. 6965 which extends withdrawal for an additional 20-year period, prepared by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.