Mothers for Peace and the Need to Develop Classified NEPA Procedures
- Nuclear threat to US national security. // Modern Power Systems;Nov2001, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p5
Reports the actions taken by political leaders and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to threats of nuclear terrorism in the United States. Increase of vigilance and preparedness at nuclear power plants; Provisions of National Guard patrols at nuclear sites; Placement of concrete road barricades.
- NRC, Army Corp of Engineers Complete Levy County Impact. // Nuclear Waste News;5/14/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p4
The article informs that the final environmental impact statement for the combined licenses for Progress Energy's proposed Levy County Units 1 and 2 in Florida has been completed by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Environmental Assessment and Finding of No Significant Impact for License Renewal for the Reed College/ Reed College Research Reactor. Quichocho, Jessie F. // Federal Register;3/30/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 62, p19362
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to declare the issuance of a license for the Reed Research Reactor (RRR), Portland, Oregon. The issuance will be declared in accordance with the U.S. National Environmental Policy of 1969 and the...
- License Renewal Application for Seabrook Station, Unit 1 ; NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC. Wrona, David J. // Federal Register;6/12/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 113, p35079
The article presents information on an application filed by NextEra Energy Seabrook LLC to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission for renewing its facility operating license for an additional 20 years. It informs that the commission will prepare a supplemental environmental impact statement on...
- NEWS/CITYDESK. Prentice, George // Boise Weekly;8/11/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has revealed a draft of an Environmental Impact Statement which concerns Areva Inc.'s proposed uranium enrichment facility in Idaho.
- NRC Issues Final Safety Report On GLE in Wilmington, N.C. // Nuclear Waste News;3/26/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p7
The article presents information on the final safety evaluation report and environmental impact statement, issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission to General Electric Hitachi Global Laser Enrichment LLC for the construction of laser uranium enrichment plant in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Proposed Dewey- Burdock In-Situ Uranium Recovery Project in Custer and Fall River Counties, SD. Mohseni, Aby // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/26/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 227, p70486
The article informs about a notice issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). The notice focusing on a draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) for the Dewey-Burdock In-Situ Uranium Recovery (ISR) Project in Custer and Fall River Counties, South Dakota. The notice...
- Progress Energy Florida; Final Environmental Impact Statement for Combined Licenses for Levy Nuclear Plant Units 1 and 2. Matthews, David B. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/3/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 86, p26316
The article offers information on a notice issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to declare the availability of the proposed final environmental impact statement for public inspection related to the Levy Nuclear Plant in Levy County, Florida.
- General Electric-Hitachi Global Laser Enrichment, LLC, Proposed Laser- Based Uranium Enrichment Facility, Wilmington, NC. McKenney, Christepher // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 44, p13367
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission regarding issuance of environmental impact statement for General Electric (GE) Co. GE submitted a license application that proposes the construction, operation, and decommissioning of a laser-based...