Far East threat must be taken seriously
- Quality promotion wins customers. Harding, Shane // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p6
Forecasts the growth of the bed industry in Great Britain in 1998 despite the gloomy economic condition pervading the nation. Factors contributing to the growth; Importance for bed manufacturers to cut their marketing budgets during an economic decline; Continuous increase of the demand for beds.
- Sluggish economy takes toll on Homestyle. // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2003, Issue 5321, p7
Reports on the impact of economic downturn on furniture industry in Great Britain. Decrease of furniture spending; Percentage rates of sales on bed division; Struggles of high street stores on hometextile sales.
- Retailers floored by poor trade. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p5
Reports the poor sales performance in October 2001 of furniture and carpet retailers in Great Britain. Comparison of annual sales in September and October 2001; Rate of decline in balance sales; Presentation of Great Britain economy performance for three quarters of 2001.
- Consumer ignore downturn fears. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2001, Issue 5267, p2
Reports the sales performance of furniture industry despite economic downturn in Great Britain. Number of people wanting pre-Christmas delivery from Furnitureland; Consumer purchases at Cousins; Products contributing the major sales at John Lewis.
- Confirmed--no money, no furniture. // Cabinet Maker;10/02/98, Issue 5108, p2
Reports that when consumers cut back on spending, buying furniture is one of the first things to stop, according to British economist Adam Love. Analysis of spending patterns; Other large-ticket items that experience a slump during an economic downturn; Drop in furniture spending in Great...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p5
The article presents news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. The four-day Silentnight At Home Show will begin on May 7, 2006. Around 300 retailers are expected to visit the biannual exhibition at the company's Salterforth, Lancashire headquarters. Mortgage approvals have...
- Deeside 'under review' says management. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p4
Reports on the strategy of the Deeside Furniture to review its business planning in Great Britain. Aim to monitor the economic situation of the furniture industry; Issues about the company's assurance to provide discounts for customers; Product developments of the company.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p5
Reports developments related to furniture industry in Great Britain as of March 2004. Impact of inflationary pressures on causing the Bank of England to increase interest rates; Increase in business and consumer confidence according Shop and Display Equipment Association; Effort of John Owens, a...
- ARE YOU READY FOR THE REBOUND? Smith, Stephen // Cabinet Maker;4/10/2009, Issue 5632, p20
The article focuses on the issue about economic recovery in Great Britain. It discusses the potential of the furniture industry to survive from the economic crisis due to its consumable products. It notes the significance of information technology solution in recovery of furnishing sector in the...