The Mark of quality
- TWO THOUSAND TWO Additives Guide. Koleske, Joseph V.; Springate, Robert; Brezinski, Darlene // Paint & Coatings Industry;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the use additives to improve product quality and prevent problems during manufacturing. Function of additives in terms of its chemical or physical nature; Impact of selection of incorrect additives; Brief description of the various additives.
- Is quality off the front page? Parr, Gary L. // Quality;Oct98, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p6
Editorial. Emphasizes the importance of quality in the manufacturing industry. Illustration on how the consciousness for quality got the attention of the manufacturing industry; Japanese attention to product quality.
- Don't Care? Hah! Williams, Thomas A. // Quality;Jun2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the interest of the customers toward the manufacturing industry in the U.S. Product quality; Increase of the manufacturing activity; Production of durable goods.
- The two faces of quality. Bornemann, Tim // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/6/2002, Issue 322978, p8
Provides insights into the products and services quality in California. Measurement of tolerance level of defects; Standard in the manufacturing processes; Concept of process quality.
- Made Well in Japan. // Time;Sep1958, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p58
The article reports on the move of Japan to manufacture quality goods at higher prices in the 1950s. It states that Japanese businessmen believed that U.S. markets of Japanese products are being damaged with low quality goods. On the other hand, it says that China, unlike Japan, sells cheap...
- Sell machine vision TO YOUR BOSS. Titus, Jon // Test & Measurement World;Jan2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
Provides tips in presenting a quality-improvement plan to management. Evaluation of manufacturing process; Determination of the cost of defects; Calculation of costs and savings estimates.
- Tooling's role in good extrusion results is the focus of tech piece. // Wire Journal International;Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p82
The article reviews the article "High Quality Tooling or Rock-Bottom Cost?," by Walter Freischland of B&H Tool Co.
- Bright ideas enhance plant-floor quality. Larson, Melissa // Quality;Jun97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p30
Reports on manufacturers' use of new analysis systems to gather product quality information. Need for special equipment to monitor intricate production processes; Impracticality of sample testing in a laboratory environment; Solving of production-process quality questions; Use of laser...
- Manufacturing Is Back! Williams, Tom // Quality;Dec2000, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p4
Focuses on the First Annual Quality Spending Survey conducted by `Quality' for the year 2001. Estimate on the amount projected to be spent on quality equipment, software and services; Percentage of manufacturers expected to increase their spending; Increase in the average budget for...