- Makro's service strategy helps its expansion plans. Juarbe, Viviana // Caribbean Business;8/7/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 31, pS2
Reports on the business strategy of service-oriented office furniture company Makro Importers & Distributors in Puerto Rico. Corporate growth to include furniture manufacturing and commercial furniture; Investment on turnkey solutions for a new office building; Presentation of lifetime warranty...
- DSGi to launch loyalty scheme for all brands. Thomas, Joe // Marketing (00253650);8/26/2009, p1
The article reports on the relaunch of the warranty scheme, Currys' Whatever Happens, as a loyalty club that will cover DSGi retail brands in Great Britain. This scheme will allow customers to choose rewards to suit their lifestyle. The cost of joining the club depends on the type of product,...
- Kobit ready to sweep into UK market. // Motor Transport;5/8/2008, p8
The article reports that trucks body building company Kobit has announced plans to move into the British market for sweepers. The firm has appointed Greenman Environmental as sole British agent and chosen the MAN TGM rigid chassis on which to mount its sweeper bodies. The unit comes with MAN's...
- Aon Expanding Its Horizons. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/13/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that Aon Warranty Group has extended its multi-service offering to non-traditional distributional channels. These channels include the financial services, real estate, utilities, financial direct and affinity marketing sectors. Michael Frosch, company president and CEO,...
- Scoring a big hit. Stoffer, Harry // Automotive News;12/12/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6180, p52
The article focuses on the growth of Kia Motors America Inc. Len Hunt, new chief of Kia Motors America Inc., says his brand is growing in the hyper-competitive U.S. market because it has good products at reasonable prices with great safety equipment and warranties. He refers to AmeriCredit Inc.,...
- Piecing together a purchasing program Deierlein, Bob // World Wastes;Jun1996, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p40
No abstract available.
- Extended warranties: Have we missed the boat? Wheeler, Jim // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p28
Opinion. States that manufacturers are extending the warranties on parts in western Ohio. Who would be affected due to the extension of the warranties of the parts; Suggestions from the author; Circumstances surrounding the extension of the warranties.
- Is it time for a change in equipment warranties? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/19/96, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p1
Questions appropriateness of existing standards regulating equipment warranties provided by manufacturers in the heating and ventilation industry in the United States. Evaluation of consumers' demand for warranties; Calls for `The News' readers' opinion.
- Texas contractor compares extended warranties to HMOs. Mahoney, Thomas A. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/26/96, Vol. 198 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the similarities between the extended warranties on heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and the health maintenance organization (HMO). Remarks of Larry Cook of TD Service; Problems with the long-lived warranties and third-party deals.