- Transatlantic shopping. Berman, Ann E.; Herrera, Philip // Town & Country;Apr98, Vol. 152 Issue 5215, p72
Reports on the shopping opportunities in the European furniture and decorative objects markets. Price advantage of shopping in Europe; Abundance of choice.
- Some signs of hope in two arenas. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p43
Reports the increase in furniture industry services geared towards the bridal market in the United States. Lack of involvement from furniture makers in the past years; Indication of a change in trend seen in the publication of the supplement to The New York Times called 'Weddings 2001';...
- Home is (mainly) where the heart is. Ashworth // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p4
Discusses factors considered when buying furniture in Great Britain.
- Oldham. // Cabinet Maker;05/07/99, Issue 5137, p6
Relates a mystery shopper's experiences at several furniture stores in Great Britain. Attitude of a salesman at Mann's on Yorkshire Street; Fieldings at Mumps, which specializes in mahogany and cherrywood cabinet and occasional furniture; Warm welcome from the staff of Atherton House Furniture...
- gateshead. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p10
Presents a group of mystery shoppers' ratings of various furniture retailers in Great Britain. Ikea in Metro Park West; Homebase of Team Valley Retail Park; Harveys of Team Valley Retail Park; Conroys at Metrocentre. INSET: Conroys.
- Mystery of the alien invasion. Ashworth, Phillip // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p7
Focuses on the so-called mystery furniture shoppers who do not know what they want but know that retailers do not have them. Difference between interesting and commercial furniture; Need for customers to be informed; Industry's need to offer a greater selection of styles and colors from around...
- WMC pushes back its first market to July 2005. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p4
The planned World Market Center (WMC) in Las Vegas, Nevada, has pushed back its first furniture market dates to July 2005 from January of that year because construction is behind schedule. Project officials said WMC's industry advisory board unanimously approved the change to July 18-22, 2005,...
- Mystery Shopper Nottingham. // Cabinet Maker;02/09/2001, Issue 5224, p10
Presents the impressions of mysterious shoppers from different furniture shops in Nottingham, England. Comments on the assistance of shop attendants; Remarks on the lay out of the shops; Provision of tips to improve service.
- Hickory mall will house Bernhardt, Broyhill, Kincaid. // Furniture/Today;2/17/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p84
Reports on the construction of a furniture mall in Hickory, North Carolina.