Consumer complaints: How to keep your cool
- How to learn from customers who gripe. // PHC Profit Report;6/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p4
Gives advice on handling customer complaints. Focusing on the problem; Listening; Viewing the problem first-hand; Negotiating for a settlement.
- 10 keys to effectively handle customer complaints. // PHC Profit Report;2/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p4
Presents tips on how to handle customer complaints. Personalization of conversation with the irate client; Careful listening to client's complaints; Empathy with the customers; Paraphrasing of customer's concern; Appeal to customer for a solution to the problem.
- Turn complaints into opportunities. Jones, Mark // Sell!ng;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p10
Presents tips on turning sales complaints into business opportunities. Steps in finding a positive solution through a controlled and natural process; Getting the customer to agree that the solution presented will be satisfactory.
- Create system to come to grips with gripes. Wasche, Linda // Crain's Small Business -- Southeast Michigan Edition;Nov96, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p15
Offers advice for companies on establishing an effective customer-complaint program. Includes the need to make it easy for customers to complain; Learning to spot unhappy customers early; Looking beyond satisfaction surveys; Developing customer-complaint procedures.
- Words to the wise. // Marketing Tools;Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p36
Presents safe substitutes for irritating responses to customer complaint calls. Includes customer's natural response to these irritating responses.
- COMPLAINTS. Slaybaugh, Chuck // Tire Business;7/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p9
Reports the strategy of Sonsio company in dealing with customer complaints in Akron, Ohio. Use of complaints for improvement of shop operations; Recovery of dissatisfied customers by the company; Method used by the company to convert complaints into relationship building experiences.
- experience the culture when the customer is right. Malley, John; Gooch, William; Griffin, Ken // IIE Solutions;nov98, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p36
Focuses on complaint management. Three primary factors of customer satisfaction; Customer complaint process; Decision support system.
- Thank heavens for complainers. Harari, Oren // Management Review;Mar97, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p25
Opinion. Presents the author's view on how companies would be better-served by viewing customers' complains as a source of strategic opportunity. How the author suggests that complaints and complainers often more valuable than plans and planners; Reasons why a customer complains provide a...
- Don't Tell The Customer He's Wrong. // Customers First;2014, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p5
The article offers the author's insights on how to tell customers when they are wrong without putting them on defense and causing further disputes.