- 15% jump in December puts factory orders up 8% for year. // Furniture/Today;3/19/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p39
The article reports on 15% increase in new furniture orders in December 2011 in comparison with orders in December 2010.
- Digging in for extra cabinet capacity. // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p2
Reports on the start of construction for Silentnight Furniture's extension at its Southwick, Sunderland cabinet-making factory.
- New factory for Lord Sheratons. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p2
Reports on the factory established by Larnaca, Cyprus-based reproduction cabinet firm Lord Sheratons in Romania.
- Wally's Furniture Factory Outlet. // Cabinet Maker;04/07/2000, Issue 5182, p11
Features the Wally's Furniture Factory Outlet in Great Britain.
- Welsh move for Caerneagle. // Cabinet Maker;07/28/2000, Issue 5198, p4
Reports that furniture company Caerneagle Furniture will expand its manufacturing operations with the purchase of a refurbished factory in Caernarfon, Wales.
- U.S., Chinese alliances taking shape...fast. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;7/2/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p11
Reports on trends that reshape and redefine the furniture industry in the United States. Selection of long-term partners by major players in China and the U.S.; Direct sale to retailers and development of closer partnerships with large retailers by Chinese factories; Improvements in quality,...
- U.S. factories still have home court advantage. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;4/14/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p82
Comments on the advantage of U.S. furniture factories in international trade. Impact of imports on the nation's household furniture industry; Increase in domestic factory shipments; Tendency to oversimplify imports.
- Factory orders up 9% in March, offering further sign of recovery. // Furniture/Today;6/7/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p30
The article reports on the increase of furniture factory orders in the U.S. in March 2010 by 9% compared to 5% in February 2010.
- Dec. factory orders down 7%. // Furniture/Today;3/11/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p42
The article informs that residential furniture factory orders and shipments have experienced a decline of seven percent in December 2012 in the U.S.