ID cards to cut security risks
- PP Payne in merger. // Packaging Magazine;2/17/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p2
The article reports that three Bunzl companies--PP Payne Inc., Morane and Laminex Inc.--will merge in June 2005 into a new company called Payne. The tear tape, coated film and security specialists have joint annual sales of more than â‚¬ 50 m.
- Hello! My name is... // Marketing Tools;May95, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p36
Presents tips for successful name tagging in functions and events. Includes tag design; Where the tag should be located; Employee tags.
- Bomb security rules spark ID card rush. // Asian Business Review;May96, p22
Reports that the Australian Federation of Air Freight Forwarders (AFAFF) has asked Leighmardon's Image Card 11+ to produce a uniform card with anti-fraud features. Aim of preventing criminals and terrorists from using Australia's freight warehouses to place bombs on airliners; Comments from...
- Lebanon eases up on strict religious divides. Yeranian, Edward // Christian Science Monitor;4/1/97, Vol. 89 Issue 87, p6
Reports that for the first time since the civil war began in 1975, the Lebanese government began issuing identification cards to its citizens in March 1997. Issuing of card to prevent fraud; Lack of mention of the bearer's religion; Information on the 1989 Taef Agreement; Prevalence of...
- Change on the cards as public sector gets smart. Serle, John // Public Finance;10/04/96, p23
Discusses the benefits of plastic card technology in Britain. Discussion of the use of plastic cards in different transactions; Advantages and disadvantages of the plastic cards; Benefits of cards in the reduction of fraud; Use cards in the private and public sector.
- Your ABC business cards. // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p11
Presents samples of business cards for children.
- New secure band cards will be easier to get. Standup, Jordan // Eastern Door;5/20/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p13
The article reports on the announcement of Mohawk Council's Social Development regarding the application of new band card in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Identity crisis? Not for public managers. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;11/7/2003, p14
Presents results of a survey concerning the intensity of the public's approval on the implementation of an identification (ID) card system in Great Britain. Conformity of majority of finance managers on the utilization of ID cards as an effective way of reducing both fraudulent benefit claims...
- Blair and Blunkett prepare UK for electronic ID cards. // Computer Weekly;1/23/2003, p2
Reports on the initiative taken by Great Britain government in introducing electronic identity (ID) cards. Consideration of cost and effectiveness of ID cards.