A Revolution in pop-up arena
- How 3-D printing could fundamentally change orthopedics. DiPaola, Matthew; Franko, Orrin I. // Orthopedics Today;Aug2013, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p24
The article discusses the role which 3-D printing can play in the field of orthopedics.
- 3-D Printer Used to Create Artificial Airway for Child. // Operating Theatre Journal;Jun2013, Issue 273, p13
The article reports on the use of 3-D-printed airway for the treatment of a child suffering from tracheobronchomalacia in Great Britain.
- 3-D Printed Implant Replaces 75% of Patient's Skull. // Operating Theatre Journal;Apr2013, Issue 271, p2
The article reports that a 3-dimensional (3-D) printed polyetheretherketone (PEEK) implant, manufactured by Oxford Performance Materials, supplier of advanced polymers for medical industry, has been utilized in constructing 75 percent of patients skull; advantages of 3-D printing are mentioned.
- Graphs, digraphs, and rigidity of grids. Servatius, Brigitte // UMAP Journal;Spring95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p43
Studies the rigidity of frameworks made of rigid rods in the plane that are connected by two-dimensional ball joints, particularly grids of squares. Strategies for bracing grids with rods; Criteria for rigidity of grids in terms of linear algebra; Efficiency and fault tolerance of bracings.
- Engineers in the hot seat. // R&D Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p7
Presents information on how engineers and safety inspectors will be able to evaluate structural designs and fire codes from the views of persons trapped in a burning building. Who the research integrates software from.
- Balancing chassis. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;05/18/98, Vol. 254 Issue 7, p30
Discusses the increasing problem of chassis imbalances. Information on national chassis pools which will serve major regions in the East and the West; Who proposed this solution; Benefits of chassis pools; Impact of the imbalances on the industry.
- ERRATA. // PCI Journal;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p3
A correction to the article related to the use of expanded slate aggregate for the girders of lightweight concrete that was published in the May 2008 issue is presented.
- Modular moves on. Carson, Gordon // Marketing Event;Jun2000, p33
Reports on the developments and design of modular stands in exhibition areas. Comments from Display Matrix marketing manager, Karina Gan; Description of the Apollo concept launched at Confex in February 1999; Variations of modular stands.
- A Cost Analysis of Framing Systems in Microelectronics Construction. Robinson, Colby; Chasey, Allan D. // Cost Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p26
Presents a study which evaluated concrete versus steel for structural framing systems to determine the effect of cost and schedule of defined alternatives. Considerations in the selection of a structural framing system; Development of a cost model methodology; Cost model data results.