Sony lifts lid on high-end LCD projector pair
- Sony retires analog camcorder. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/29/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 45, p28
Focuses on the discontinued manufacturing of Betacam SP analog camcorder by Sony Electronics Broadcast and Professional Co. Reasons behind decision of the company; Overview of the product; Causes of the decline of sales of the device.
- End-to-end is Sony's answer. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p23
Reports on Sony Broadcast and Professional Co.'s joining with systems integration business. Television station's interest in buying equipment that takes up less space, time and money; Plans of Ed Grebow, president of the company.
- Bigger is better. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 35, p20
Presents an interview with Ed Grebow, executive officer of Sony Broadcast and Professional Co. (BPC) concerning the operation of BPC in the United States. Contribution of Grebow to the company's development; Discussion of Sony BPC Internet strategy; Importance of third-party provider...
- Sony: It's just a click away. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;08/28/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 36, p66
Highlights the initiative of broadcast supplier Sony Broadcast and Professional Co. (BPC) to sell its products directly through the Internet. Company's commitment to making both information and products available to customers; Support provided by Sony's electronic-solutions division. INSET: IN...
- European studios go 24-bit. // TVB Europe;Dec97, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the demand for Sony Broadcast & Professional's PCM-3348HR 48-channel, 24-bit digital audio recorder in Europe. Order for the equipment from Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios; Guillaume Tell Studios' installation of the equipment to parner its OXF-R3 digital console and PCM-9000...
- IN JAPAN WITH SONY. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p60
Focuses on the launching of the Anycast program of the Sony Broadcast & Professional in Japan. Integration of fragmented content islands on any technology platform; Demonstration of crucial piece of its game plan; Release of Internet protocol enabled cameras servers.
- OmniBus and Sony join forces on news. // TVB Europe;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p20
Deals with the collaboration between OmniBus Systems and Sony Electronic Broadcast and Professional Company to develop a newsroom solution for integrated news production and transmission. Details on the partnership; Remarks from Chris Summey, senior vice president of Sony Systems Integration...
- Carlton and Sony open digital transmission centre. // TVB Europe;Jun99, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the alliance formed by cable broadcaster Carlton and Sony Broadcast & Professional of Great Britain to create a digital transmission center. Description of the center; Role of Quantel and IBIS companies in the center.
- Sony in-house merger creates mega-division. // SHOOT;06/19/98, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p58
Reports on the move of Sony Electronics to integrate its broadcast, production and professional divisions into a single organization called Sony Broadcast and Professional Group. Charles Steinberg as head of the group; Concentration on the digital television market.