Camel Trophy comes to town
- A CENTURY OF FASHION 1900-2000. Benesh, Carolyn L.E. // Ornament;Spring2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the Los Angeles Country Museum of Art exhibit 'A Century of Fashion, 1900-2000' in California. Addition of fashion showcase of clothes for women; Depiction of style from an entire century; Influence of Hollywood stars to modes of dressing.
- NY shows: Shaping their own angles. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/13/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 114, p14
Reports on New York State apparel trade shows. Expansion of international scope; Plans; Success of seminar; Consumer attitudes; Challenges faced; Expectations.
- Show calendar. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/13/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 114, p16
Lists apparel trade shows in the United States for January to June 1995.
- Best Dressed: 250 Years of Style. Benesh, Carolyn L.E. // Ornament;Winter97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p21
The article reviews the exhibition "Best Dressed: 250 Years of Style" at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from October 21, 1997 though January 4, 1998.
- Prints, Skirts Key at Style Industrie Show. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/23/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 15, p13
Features the clothing designs presented at the Style Industrie trade show held in New York City in early January 2001. Young contemporary designs presented by Elise Decoteau, owner of Bella Bella; Clothes selected by Tina Hart of Luna from the trade show; Clothing colors dominating the trade show.
- Glamour buoys orders at Paris trade shows. Benoit, Ruth // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/1/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 60, p16
Reports on buyers' activities during the ready-to-wear trade shows in Paris, France, held in March 1997. Increase in attendance; Interest on the new store Collette which is mixing designer fashion, jewelry and home goods; Buyers' preference for glamorous, feminine and non-classical clothes;...
- Early Bird Gets Worm at Prato. Macchioni, Phyllis // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/3/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 64, p9
Reports on the increase in attendance at the fall-winter 2001-2002 Prato Exposition in Italy. Strategy of opening the clothing fair ten days earlier than usual to reverse trend toward attendance decline; Reliance on renewed interest in wool and on the strong dollar for recovery.
- Beyond Apparel. Patterson, Sunita // Fiberarts;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p22
The article reviews several clothing exhibitions in 2001, including "whowhatwhenWEARwhy," at the University of Michigan School of Art and Design in Ann Arbor, "The Fall Collection," at the Diane Farris Gallery in Vancouver, British Columbia, and "Lengthen or Shorten Here: Patterns of a Life," at...
- Minority Costumes and Textiles of Guizhou Province, PRC, December 31, 1988-February 26, 1989, San Francisco Craft and Folk Art Museum, Fort mason Center, San Francisco, California 94123. Kennedy, Sylvia S. J. // Ornament;Autumn89, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p18
The article reviews the exhibition "Minority Costumes and Textiles of Guizhou Province, PRC" at the at the San Francisco Craft and Folk Art Museum in San Francisco, California from December 31, 1988 through February 26, 1989.