United Utilities in 2002 games deal
- Making or breaking the Commonwealth Games. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week;1/27/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p23
Hails the sponsorship of utility firm United Utilities in the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games to be held in England. Significance of the firm's sponsorship; Efforts of Manchester's city council to raise the funds needed to stage the games.
- ...12m boost for 2002 games. McKelvey, Charles // Marketing Week;4/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on companies that have signed up as major sponsors of the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, England. Sponsorship of Atlantic Telecom, Adeco and Guardian Media Group.
- Heading for the high-jump. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week;6/11/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p28
Reports that the Manchester Commonwealth Games will be meeting with the United Kingdom Government in an effort to find sponsorship for the year 2002 games. Amount the games is in a shortfall of; Reason a meeting was held in May 1998; What the proposed extra money for the games will be used...
- Commonwealth Games score low on UK awareness. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);4/4/2002, p4
Reports the sponsorship of Asda on the Commonwealth Games in Great Britain. Lack of consumer awareness regarding the game; Limitation of knowledge on the sponsors of the event; Assessment of the game profile.
- Manchester 2002 signs up further ...12m in backing. // Marketing (00253650);4/13/2000, p13
Focuses on the corporate sponsors of the 2002 Commonwealth Games which will be held in Manchester, England.
- Manchester Games faces funding hurdle. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p20
Reports on the lack of sponsors for the 2002 Commonwealth Games to be held in Manchester, England. Recommendation for the British government to examine the financial plans and needs of the Commonwealth Games; Estimated cost of the event.
- Sponsors line up for 2002 Games. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;May2000, p10
Deals with the sponsors lined up by Manchester 2002 for the Commonwealth Games.
- John Lewis to sponsor Commonwealth Games. // DIY Week;2/7/2014, Issue 5747, p2
The article reports that the department store chain John Lewis PLC is to sponsor the 2014 Common Wealth Games wherein it will provide bedding and white goods for the Athletes' Village in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Glasgow 2014 draws up three-tier sponsorships. Kemp, Ed // Marketing (00253650);11/28/2007, p4
The article reports that the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games will adopt a three-tiered sponsorship structure in a bid to raise Â£24 million through domestic commercial deals. Half of the cash will be generated by tier-one sponsors in the insurance, banking and media industries. The remaining...