Time for some home truths about the Dome
- CIVIC PRIDE. Whiteling, Ian // Marketing Week;5/2/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p38
Features the conference and exhibition facility Harrogate International Centre in England. Capacity of the facility; Enumeration of important events held in the facility; Viability of the location of the facility.
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jan2012 Global Event Planner, p80
A review is offered for several exhibition and conference centres of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in London, England such as the Kensington Conference and Events Centre, Chelsea Old Town Hall, and the Isaac Newton Centre.
- On a grand scale. Dietz, Chantelle // Conference & Incentive Travel;May2015, p53
A review is offered for six convention centers in England including the Excel London, ACC (Arena and Convention Centre) Liverpool and the Bournemouth International Centre (BIC).
- Dome deal was good, but future could still be rocky, says NAO. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;1/14/2005, p10
Reports on the uncertain success of the Millennium Dome site in southeast London despite its sale, according to government auditors in England. Significant risks of the project between English Partnerships, Meridian Delta Ltd. and the Anschutz Entertainment Group; Planned developments in the...
- Crafting the perfect cupola. Textor, Ken // Country Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p66
Discusses how to construct a cupola on a barn. How information was obtain for building a cupola; Measurements; Choice of design for cupola; Approach used; Materials chosen for construction; Materials used for louvers of the cupola; Purpose ofa cupola. INSET: What to know before you start..
- dome-licious. // Interior Design;Aug2011, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p7
The article focuses on a vacation home in East Hampton, New York that is a variation of a Buckminster Fuller & Co. dome house.
- Greenwich dome building starts... Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug97, p6
Reports that construction work on a dome in Greenwich, England, began in the final week of June 1997 for the Millennium project show. Dome description; Revised plans for an exhibition; Proposal to rename the show; Business sponsorship.
- Another kind of dome. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the design features of the `Hexadome' invented by Gene Hopster. Advantages of the Hexadome over the usual geodesic dome; Specifications of a Model 1600 residence.
- For St. Pete's sake. Kirshenbaum, Jerry // Sports Illustrated;11/23/92, Vol. 77 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the impact of league owners' decision about the Giants on the Tampa-St. Petersburg community. National League owners decide to keep Giants in San Francisco; Another teasing for Tampa Bay; League suit filed against various baseball groups; The sad fate of the two-year old Suncoast...