London centre wins backing
- CONFERENCE CENTER NEWS. // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p41
Presents news briefs concerning conference facilities as of March 2006. Expansion of the Pacific Palms Conference Resort in California; Launch of a conference center at Barcelï¿½ Riviera Maya Beach Resort in Mexico; Reopening of the Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center in Virginia.
- Polk County Convention Center Awaits 'Vision Iowa' Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31018, p30
Focuses on the finance plan for the Iowa Events Center in Polk County, Iowa. Reliance of the finance plan on the Vision Iowa Fund of the state; Popularity of the county's intention to build an arena and convention center; Uncertainty of the full state funding for the project.
- Conv. center plan hits wall. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p1
Reports the rejection of the financing plan for the construction of a downtown convention center in Ohio. Arguments regarding the accumulation of funds from the state hotel sales tax revenue; Referendum supporting the financing of the project by Cuyahoga and Hamilton counties; Strategy in...
- Dueling convention plans draw critics. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on problems space and design problems being faced by business groups in Cleveland, Ohio for the construction of a convention center. Problems faced in the suggested sites for the convention center; Importance of staging area for large scale exhibitions; Negative aspects of designing a...
- Convention Center Construction Update. // Association Management;Nov99, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p101
Presents an update on the construction of convention centers as of November 1999. Completion date of the construction projects; Measurement of the specific function spaces of the centers.
- Hallowed halls of Europe. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;08/30/99, Vol. 22 Issue 35, pSR4
Features historically and culturally significant facilities in major European cities that can be used for business functions. Includes the Banqueting House at the Whitehall Palace in London, England; Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria; Palau de la Musica Catalana in Barcelona, Spain; Beurs...
- Ford Field scores as site for meetings. Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the business performance of the Ford field convention facility at Detroit, Michigan since its launch in August, 2002. Increase in the number of events and conventions; Accommodation capacity of the facility; Popularity of the facility among exhibitors availing the facility.
- DeVos Place turns an ecological green. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/12/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p3
The article reports that the Michigan Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth has awarded DeVos Place convention center a green certification.
- Making cobo work. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;02/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p11
Recommends strategies for expanding the Cobo Center convention center and exhibition building in Detroit, Michigan. Market demand necessitating the addition of more space; Importance of expanding the center's facilities to boost its competitiveness in the convention market. INSET: Cobo began...
- RFP for Convention Center begins in July. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;5/27/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p17
Outlines plans for the Puerto Rico Trade and Convention Center District next to the San Antonio Channel. Total investment for the facility; Estimated number of jobs to be created by the district; Total space covered by the project; Phases of its construction.