BBC starts ...8m tour
- BBC and ITV chiefs face Labour wrath over PPB upheaval. // Campaign (UK);07/03/98, Issue 27, p2
Reports on the controversy surrounding the plans of management of the broadcasting companies British Broadcasting Company and Independent Television (ITV) to impose a different regime from January 1999, removing the previous system of party political broadcast. Opposition of the move by the...
- Can BBC One rise above its rivals with new look? Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);2/1/2001, p17
Comments on the competitiveness of the BBC 1 television station of the British Broadcasting Corp. Decisions at the company to move the schedule of its news bulletins; Management restructuring at the station. INSETS: DIAGNOSIS.;TREATMENT..
- BBC Three: the battle goes on. // Marketing (00253650);3/21/2002, p15
Announces the delay of the launching of BBC Three in Great Britain. Reasons for the delay; Relaunch of BBC One; Impact of BBC Three on the commercial sector. INSET: THE BBC'S MARKETING CHALLENGE.
- BBC kids channels to bow in Feb. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p14
Reports the launching of two BBC children's television channel in London, England. Target audiences of CBBC and CBeebies; Intentions of BBC for launching the channels; Details on the television programs of the channels.
- C5 rows with BBC over confiscated perimeter ad. Beale, Claire // Campaign;10/02/98, Issue 40, p1
Comments on the circumstances surrounding the conflict between the Channel 5, television station and the British Broadcasting Corporation. Details on the event which led to the conflict; Comments from Jim Hytner, the marketing director at Channel 5.
- You are the strongest link. Ellis, John // Sight & Sound;Apr2002, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Talks about the redifinition of the public service role of BBC television station in Great Britain. Launch of three digital channels; Management of the television station under Greg Dyke; Role of the BBC as a market definer as opposed to being a market competitor.
- BBC to shift snob shows. Robey, Tim // Variety;08/14/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 12, p15
Reports that television network British Broadcasting Corp. is likely to add BBC3 and BBC4 to its existing core television channels. Details on the two channels; Relocation of several television series to BBC2 and BBC4; Concerns of British government ministers regarding the changes.
- BBC Wales tunes in to three sites. // Estates Gazette;2/2/2002, Issue 205, p43
Presents an update on the investments and business activities of BBC television station in Wales as of February 2, 2002. Shortlist of three Cardiff Bay area sites; Area to which the television plans to distribute its frequency; Details regarding the Cardiff Bay area development by BBC Wales.
- BBC to receive news warning. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/3/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 18, p90
Reports on the warning to be issued to British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) regarding the need for improving the quality of output on its digital channel BBC News 24 if its operating license is to continue. Complaint made by rival stations including Sky News against BBC News 24; Defense made by BBC...