BBC starts ...8m tour
- BBC and ITV chiefs face Labour wrath over PPB upheaval. // Campaign (UK);07/03/98, Issue 27, p2
Reports on the controversy surrounding the plans of management of the broadcasting companies British Broadcasting Company and Independent Television (ITV) to impose a different regime from January 1999, removing the previous system of party political broadcast. Opposition of the move by the...
- Can BBC One rise above its rivals with new look? Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);2/1/2001, p17
Comments on the competitiveness of the BBC 1 television station of the British Broadcasting Corp. Decisions at the company to move the schedule of its news bulletins; Management restructuring at the station. INSETS: DIAGNOSIS.;TREATMENT..
- BBC Three: the battle goes on. // Marketing (00253650);3/21/2002, p15
Announces the delay of the launching of BBC Three in Great Britain. Reasons for the delay; Relaunch of BBC One; Impact of BBC Three on the commercial sector. INSET: THE BBC'S MARKETING CHALLENGE.
- BBC kids channels to bow in Feb. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p14
Reports the launching of two BBC children's television channel in London, England. Target audiences of CBBC and CBeebies; Intentions of BBC for launching the channels; Details on the television programs of the channels.
- C5 rows with BBC over confiscated perimeter ad. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);10/02/98, Issue 40, p1
Comments on the circumstances surrounding the conflict between the Channel 5, television station and the British Broadcasting Corporation. Details on the event which led to the conflict; Comments from Jim Hytner, the marketing director at Channel 5.
- You are the strongest link. Ellis, John // Sight & Sound;Apr2002, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Talks about the redifinition of the public service role of BBC television station in Great Britain. Launch of three digital channels; Management of the television station under Greg Dyke; Role of the BBC as a market definer as opposed to being a market competitor.
- BBC to shift snob shows. Robey, Tim // Variety;08/14/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 12, p15
Reports that television network British Broadcasting Corp. is likely to add BBC3 and BBC4 to its existing core television channels. Details on the two channels; Relocation of several television series to BBC2 and BBC4; Concerns of British government ministers regarding the changes.
- BBC Wales tunes in to three sites. // Estates Gazette;2/2/2002, Issue 205, p43
Presents an update on the investments and business activities of BBC television station in Wales as of February 2, 2002. Shortlist of three Cardiff Bay area sites; Area to which the television plans to distribute its frequency; Details regarding the Cardiff Bay area development by BBC Wales.
- For the record. // Campaign;10/10/97, Issue 41, p22
Reports that the British Broadcasting Corp.'s BBC 1 has unveiled its balloon identity on October 4, 1997 as it prepares for the launching of its digital services in Great Britain.