Cable Networks' Ad Sales Lead TV Pack This Year
- Memo to Charlie Thurston. // CableFAX Daily;12/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 240, p2
The article reports on the plan of TNS Media to start monitoring local cable advertising spending in Boston, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California in March 2006.
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- MSOs spiff up their images, boost service. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the effort of multiple system operators in the United States' cable broadcasting industry to advertise their products effectively. Reference to the amount of money spent by cable operators in advertising; Comments from Ray Katz, analyst at Bear Stearns company; Reference to the...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.
- Stakes rising in cable TV's sports battle. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;4/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 15, pS14
Reports on advertising of sports networks on cable television in the late 1990s. Size of ESPN including networks, radio, and Web sites; How the cost of buying sports television is increasing; Problems in selling advertising; Comments.
- Forming an Interactive Nation. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p22
The article offers information on a consumer awareness campaign of advertising interactive features of Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) as "selecTV," which aims to provide EBIF interactive television standard for around 25m subscribers by the end of 2010.
- Philly's looking good to cable spot and buyers. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p4
Reports on cable operators' vision to turn the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania into a marketwide interconnect region. Lenfest's Cable AdNet's plan to purchase competitor Metrobase Cable Advertising; Views of cable operators in tapping potential of city as a cable market; Problems cable...
- WB, Nick lead kids TV. Friedman, Wayne // Electronic Media;12/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p10
Discusses the rating performances of the cable television networks in the kids market in the fourth quarter of 2002. Increase in the advertising sales for the broadcast year 2002-2003 in the kids market; Improvement in the kid ratings of Nickelodeon; Cartoon characters providing the increase to...