DON'T BENCHMARK AGAINST MEDIOCRITY
- Satellite Providers Top J.D. Power, Again. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/21/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p36
The article reports that DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network have dominated J.D. Power & Associates' annual customer satisfaction survey. DirectTV was ranked as the overall best pay TV company, receiving the top rankings in performance and reliability, cost of service, billing, image, offerings and...
- Closing the Gap:. // CableFAX Daily;8/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 159, p2
The article reports on the findings of the 2006 Residential Cable/Satellite Satisfaction Study of J.D. Power & Associates on the performance of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) and cable operators in terms of customer satisfaction. The study found that DBS operators still defeat cable operators...
- One glossy magazine expands to northwest, but another calls it quits. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;12/17/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p9
The article offers news briefs in Tucson, Arizona. The new subscribers to DirecTV Inc. can avail a $100 mail-in rebate on high definition receivers as part of the company's promotional strategy for its high-definition television (HD TV). The writer Levi Long left the newspaper "Arizona Daily...
- BEING ON LINE ISN'T ENOUGH. Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on a report from Forrester Research Inc. about customer satisfaction in web sites. How companies can improve a web site visitor's experience; Factors that will keep servers and customers fulfilled.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;1/30/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p20
The article offers news briefs related to the mass media industry including one on the Walt Disney Co. CEO Robert Iger, who received 33.4 million dollars in total compensation in fiscal 2011, and one on Cox Communications Inc.
- Oxygen Cuts Key Deals with Cox, DBS. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;03/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p3
Details the carriage deals of Oxygen cable television network with Cox Communications Inc. and DirecTV Inc. designed to increase subscription with several years. Cox's plan to add Oxygen to an expanded-basic service on cable systems as well as additional distribution over a couple of years;...
- Customer Service. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p1
The article reports on the efficient customer service of U.S. Internet provider Cox in September 2005. Information on other Internet providers that are surveyed to have excellent customer services including Verizon is presented. An overview of the performance of the companies is included.
- A voice in the ether. J. B. // Entrepreneur;Jan2012, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p39
The article evaluates MyCyberTwin, a virtual human customer service service for small businesses that helps with customer inquiries, troubleshooting, and product maintenance.
- Beer and Diapers. Petinga, Scott // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Jun2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses how marketing correlations can boost the revenue of a business. Topics discussed include a research by the market research firm Forrester Research showing correlation between customer satisfaction and revenue generation, studies revealing a correlation between customers'...