CABLE IS RAISING THE ROOF
- 2009 HOT LIST. Burgi, Michael // Brandweek;3/30/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 13, special section p13
The article discusses successful cable networks as of March, 2009. USA Network, Disney Channel and Fox New Channel are cited as three of the most influential. USA Network is described in terms of its hit shows. Disney's impact on children and young teenagers is said to be enormous. Fox News is...
- CABLE UNDER FIRE. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Variety;11/4/2014, Vol. 325 Issue 13, p41
The article reports on the continuous drop of cable television ratings in 2014. Topics discussed include the factors behind the decline of cable show ratings, the impact of the declining ratings on the stocks of cable television corporations and the advertising revenues generated by cable...
- MCN BUZZ METER. // Multichannel News;4/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p31
Statistics are presented related to cable television including the top five cable networks, top five broadcast shows, and top five cable shows.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;8/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 163, p2
This article reports on the ratings of cable television networks and television programs in the U.S. The number one cable television network is USA, followed by Disney, TNT and Lifetime and ESPN. The household ratings of The History Channel's program "The Exodus Decoded" and HGTV's "Design Star"...
- Cable: A Summer Place. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p9
The article reports on the viewership and ratings performances for cable television networks in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2006. Advertisement-supported cable networks recorded a 61% share of the audience during the period of June 26 to September 24. Disney Channel Worldwide posted...
- Powerpuff vs. mankind. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/09/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 42, p19
Focuses on the ratings performance of cable television networks in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Ratings performance of television programs aired by networks Cartoon Network and USA Network.
- Content Economics Could Play In Cable's Favor. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p22
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. economic problems on the ratings of cable television (TV) programmers to over-the-top TV services.
- stat snapshot. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p39
The article presents a bar graph depicting growth in video-on-demand viewing for cable networks in America from October 2012 to September 2013, along with a table depicting America's top 20 original cable movies for the same period.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.