Rob Marcus's Rise
- Ops, Broadcasters Give Peace a Chance. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the agreement of broadcasting firms to a retransmission-consent agreement where they are asked for cash to carry the network in the U.S. Time Warner Cable Inc. is the first major cable operators to agree to the deal with CBS Corp. Univision Communications Inc. also struck a...
- MGM HD Signs Up Time Warner Cable. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the deal between MGM company and Time Warner Cable Inc. It says that Time Warner affiliation agreement comes on the heels of MGM High-Definition (HD) television securing carriage pacts with Comcast, the nation's largest cable company, and Dish Network. Features of MGM HD...
- FX adds 7 million new subscribers via Time Warner. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p27
Reports on developments related to the cable television industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Includes cable network FX's carriage deal with Time Warner Cable; Showtime Network's purchase of television programs with minority casts.
- Time Warner Gives Lift to C-SPAN3. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
Reports that United States-based cable television operator Time Warner Cable has agreed to carry cable television network C-SPAN3 as of February 19, 2001. Number of subscribers included in the digital television carriage deal.
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network makes headway. Moorer, Talise // New York Amsterdam News;10/08/98, Vol. 89 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the negotiations between Time Warner Cable and New York City's cable television network Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN). Terms under the deal; Operation by the MNN of the public access facility.
- TWC to Launch Speed2 Broadband Net. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p16
The article offers information on soon to be launched broadband channel called, Speed2, by cable television network, Speed Network, in partnership with Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Another dispute on deck for YES. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/13/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the demand of Time Warner Cable of New York City to impose additional charge for YES Network in New York City. Amount of the proposed charge; Reason behind the proposed additional charge; Response of YES to the demand.
- Comedy Central dealt `Real Deal'. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;2/27/95, Vol. 336 Issue 9, p4
Features `Real Deal,' a Comedy Central unscripted comedy featuring five comedians playing a real poker game. Amount of money at stake; Challenge of the show as finding material that was not too raunchy for airing.
- Will interactive gambling be a financial hit for TV stations? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;10/26/2001, Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the impact of gambling on interactive television companies in Great Britain. Relationship between bookmakers and broadcasters in producing interactive programming in the broadcast stream; Deal between BSkyB and Ladbrokes on the exploration of possible television interactive gambling;...