MTV Nets Kicks 'Jackass' Online
- BLOCKBUSTER PICKS UP A 'JACKASS 2.5' WEB EXCLUSIVE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/16/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on a deal acquired by Blockbuster Inc. from Paramount Pictures to exclusively distribute the motion picture "Jackass 2.5" on the Web. It states that the digital edition of the film will be available for download-to-rent starting January 1, 2008 at Movielink.com, a movie...
- Online stunt for 'Jackass' Siegel, Tatiana; Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;12/13/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 56, p1
The article reports on the exclusive launching of the film "Jackass 2.5" on the Web to be hosted by vidtailer Blockbuster Inc. The new film is taken from extra footage shot for "Jackass 2," which was released in 2006. It is being produced by Paramount Digital Entertainment and MTV New Media. Tom...
- Turning the Corner. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/22/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 12, p28
The article reports on the move of MTV Films executive vice president David Galein creating an internet entertainment division called MTV New Media in the U.S. The author stated that Gale hopes to rekindle the entrepreneurial streak that marks MTV Films' early days. In addition, MTV New Media is...
- Video no demand. Kerschbaumer, Ken; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p40
Points out the impact of the absence of Paramount films from the slate of available titles in Blockbuster Entertainment's video-on-demand efforts. Non-securing of film rights from its fellow Viacom subsidiary; Ending of the Blockbuster/Enron joint venture.
- VAN TOFFLER. Finnigan, David // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/16/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 4, pS-31
Interviews Van Toffler, general manager of United States-based cable television network MTV and president of MTV Productions. Balancing of business operations of MTV Films and cable television network MTV; Marketing of the movies `Election' and `Beavis and Butt-head Do America.'
- PAR GIVES PLAY TO MTV, NICK. McNary, Dave // Variety;5/3/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 12, p10
Discusses the shift in MTV Networks Inc. and Nickelodeon Theaters Inc. from producing low-budgeted films for youth audiences to high-cost motion pictures. Films being developed by MTV and Nickelodeon; Reason of film studio Paramount for transforming MTV and Nickelodeon; Attitude of other...
- 'CLOCK'-ING IN. Parisi, Paula // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 33, p16
Focuses on the celebration for the premiere of the Nickelodeon-produced Paramount-released film 'Clockstoppers,' directed by Jonathan Frakes in Hollywood, California. Guests of the event; Statement of MTV Networks chairman Tom Freston on the full-effects film; Recognition given by Nickelodeon...
- Will Nick, MTV film units go from frustration to elation? McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;6/2/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 41, p21
Relates that the promotion of Tom Freston head of Paramount Pictures should trigger stepped-up movie output from Nickelodeon and MTV. Reinvention of the company as more innovative and less risk-averse.
- THIS MONTH IN VSM. // Video Store Magazine;4/25/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p4
Looks back at various news items published in previous April issues of "Video Store Magazine." Release of the video version of "An Officer and a Gentleman" as part of the sellthrough experiment of Paramount in 1983; Views of retailers on the threats to the specialty store business in 1986;...