Thomson Unit South-Western Adds Digital Texts To College Lineup
- South-Western Launches Business Professional Publishing Unit. // Educational Marketer;04/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the plans of South-Western College Publishing to create a business/professional publishing division to address the continuing education needs of its college students.
- Wizeup.com to Take Textbooks Digital. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p37
Focuses on the effort of Wizeup.com to adopt textbooks in digital media. Information on the contents of its program; Remark from company founder and chief executive officer David Gray; Book titles that the company hopes to work with.
- Two Thomson Learning divisions team with Glassbook. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p21
Reports that South-Western College Publishing and Custom Publishing have signed a partnership deal with Glassbook Inc.
- Tax Course Is Online. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on Cincinnati, Ohio-based South-Western College Publishing's introduction of an interactive online tax course called TaxPoint.
- South-Western Invests In E-MBA Courses At Univ. Of Rhode Island. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the investment made by South-Western, a publisher of higher education business materials and a division of Thomson Learning, to the University of Rhode Island's College of Business Administration.
- Thomson Learning closing down. // Publishers Weekly;12/4/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 49, p15
Reports on Thomson Learning's phasing out of its operations and planned closure in early 1996. Reason for the closure; Number of publications accounted by Wayland titles.
- Ten all-time best-selling paperbacks. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p32
Lists the ten best-selling paperback books in history. `Charlotte's Web,' by E.B. White with illustrations by Garth Williams; `Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing,' and `Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret' by Judy Blume; `Shane,' by Jack Schaeffer; `Where the Red Fern Grows,' by Wilson Rawls; `A...
- Best-selling books. // Advocate;3/5/96, Issue 702, p62
Presents a list of best-selling books appealing to gay and lesbian readers, as of January 22, 1996.
- Best-selling books, hardcover fiction. // Christian Science Monitor;6/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 143, p2
Lists the top ten best-selling books and hardcover fiction as on June 20, 1995.