National College Text Group Includes Bigwords, Ecampus In Assault On Online Booksellers
- Second Online College Bookstore Launched. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p14
Announces the launch of the second online college bookstore. BigWords.com following the lead of VarsityBooks.com, a similar online bookstore; Plans of BigWords; Location and success story; Competition.
- eCampus.com Finding Room for Growth as Virtual Retailer. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/5/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 40, p10
The article focuses on growth plans of retailer eCampus.com, founded by former Kentucky governor Wallace Wilkinson, as a virtual campus retailer. Topics discussed include views of Matt Montgomery, chief executive officer (CEO) at eCampus.com, about revenue generated by the firm; five-year...
- Ecampus.com, Spin-Off Of Wallace's, Did Not Twirl Far Enough Away. // Educational Marketer;06/18/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the decision of Ecampus.com, a Lexington, Kentucky-based online college book seller, to file for bankruptcy protection in June 2001.
- Campus Web site built in a flash. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;06/14/99, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p33
Features ecampus.com, a Web site that sells university apparel, textbooks and education material from all over the United States. Steve Stevens as chief executive officer; Company's use of Oracle Application Servers, Cisco switches and Radware server load-balancing switches. INSET: Briefs..
- Second-Round Financing Gives ecampus $40 million In New Money. // Educational Marketer;10/18/99, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p7
Reports the increase in the corporate financing of ecampus.com, a cyberspace bookstore.
- School Daze. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek New England Edition;09/06/99, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p34
Evaluates advertisements for eCampus.com company. Theme of the advertisements; Agency which created the commercials; Copywriter; Art directors.
- Back-to-School Textbooks Flow with WMS. // Material Handling Management;Jun2000, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p113
Deals with BIGWORDS.com's use of Radio Beacon, a warehouse management system software for its order fulfillment. Focus of BIGWORDS.com's sales efforts; Bar code hand held units used by Radio Beacon's warehouse; Use of an Oracle database for Radio Beacon's purchasing and electronic data interchange.
- Textbook Case. Mack, Ann M. // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/7/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p30
Focuses on the operations of electronic retailers Bigwords.com and VarsityBooks.com. Concept and content of the sites; Expansion of the scope of products sold beyond college textbooks; Markets served; Customer profile.
- BigWords.com Goes Bust. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 45, p12
Reports that the largest online textbook retailer, BigWords.com, closed October 20, 2000. Big name investors in BigWords.com; Other online textbook retailer that closed; Online textbook retailers that succeed, according to Laura Nakoneczny, spokesperson for the National Association of College...