Iridium: Lok Out Below!
- Iridium's troubles make rivals jittery. Dietrich, Joy; Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age International;08/09/99, p1
Reveals global satellite telephone companies' marketing plans after Washington, D.C.-based Iridium's failure to hit target sales. Iridium's account with advertising agency Ammirati Puris Lintas; San Jose, California-based Globalstar's decision to opt for regional, decentralized advertisements;...
- Iridium's Path: Sell Or Regroup. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the financial conditions of Iridium LLC, a satellite phone company in the United States. Proposal of Iridium to auction off its assets instead of a reorganization; Information on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by the company; Financing alternatives taken by the company;...
- Globalstar Rises as Iridium Sinks. // Export Today's Global Business;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the performance of companies that are offering satellite telephone services as of April 2000. Bankruptcy of Iridium LLC; Launch of GlobalStar USA; Capabilities of satellite phones.
- A disconnect for Iridium. Holstein, William J. // U.S. News & World Report;08/30/99, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p52
Reports the problems facing Iridium, a satellite phone company. Iridium's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Comments from Iridium chief executive officer John Richardson; Iridium's creditors; Outlook for Iridium.
- Iridium raises profile. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports on Iridium's completion of a two-part private debt financing. Timing with the commencement of satellite launches of the 66 low earth orbit spacecraft Iridium network; Improvement on the company's market profile.
- Iridium teams with wireless. // Telephony;06/22/98, Vol. 234 Issue 25, p47
Reports that Iridium LLC has signed 210 distribution agreements with regional wireless service providers and roaming partners. Completion of Iridium's operational readiness trials.
- Iridium raises 5 satellites and $1.5 billion in funds. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p20
States that five additional satellites were raised into orbit and $1.5 billion in additional capital in July, 1997, by Iridium L.L.C. What is Iridium's game plan; Information on the satellites that have already been launched; Reference to Iridium World Communications limited; Comments from...
- Iridium delays service launch. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p3
Focuses on the announcement by Iridium L.L.C. that it will delay its initial September 23, 1998 service launch date to November 1, 1998. Factors contributing to the delay; Concerns highlighted by Ed Staiano, the company's vice chairman and chief executive officer.
- Honesty should count for something. Ford, Tracy // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p12
Opinion. Discusses the announcement by Iridium that it will not meet its commercial launch goal of September 23, 1998. Reasons given by the company for not being able to meet its launch goal; Expectations of the company to have 2,000 people using Iridium handsets on the Iridium network by...