There's Nothing Like A Real Phone
- The 'Ad Age' guide to mobile marketing. // Advertising Age;5/2/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p16
Offers some mobile marketing strategies to marketers. Text messaging; Games; Wireless Application Protocol sites.
- MMS content is hobbled by lack of handset data. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;6/10/2004, p1
This article reports on the attempt of British brand and media owners to develop high-quality multi messaging service (MMS) content, which allegedly are being throttled by lack of information from operators about users' mobile phones. The inability of third parties to gain access to such...
- MINFO EXPANDS NATURAL LANGUAGE MOBILE SEARCH SERVICE. // Biotech Equipment Update;Sep2006, Special Section p5
The article discusses the expansion of mInfo Inc. of China's first natural language mobile search service. With this technology, users can avail of its services for free by using either SMS or WAP through any 2G, 2.5G, or 3G phones. The company introduced its services in the beginning of 2006 in...
- Flexibility key to mobile offering. // Finweek;12/21/2006, p51
The article focuses on the wireless application protocol as a technology that accelerates the convergence of data and voice technologies. With this practical application, users can move geographically and still stay on to work with their laptops or cellphones without switching systems or methods...
- Telemobil SA. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Company Profiles);2012, p2398
A profile of Telemobil SA, also known as S.C. Telemobil S.A., Telemobil JSC and Telemobil Romania, is presented. The company is based in Romania and provides wireless voice packages, short messaging services (SMS) and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Cuneyt Turktan is the company's chief...
- Handheld Web May Not Open Images. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p20
States that data-intensive displays that personal computer users associate with Internet browsing cannot simply be transferred over to wireless communication devices. Constraints with the Wireless Application Protocol for wireless Internet devices; Implications of the differences in wireless...
- WAP handset sales to accelerate. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on the predicted rise in the shipment of Wireless Application Protocol- (WAP) enabled handsets from 2000 through 2004, according to Allied Business Intelligence.
- Vendors push wireless data spec. // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the formation of the Wireless Applications Protocol Forum to facilitate the development of wireless data content in the United States.
- Wap happy. Walley // Global Telephony;Nov99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans by several European companies to commercially launch wireless application protocol services. Reaching saturation levels for mobile penetration in Europe; Plan to offer Sonera Zed solution and technology platform; Telia Mobile's launching of MyDOF, a location-sensitive...