- Pocket Paging. // Time;2/10/1967, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p94
The article describes the one-way radio pagers, which are used by thousands of construction bosses, doctors, real estate salesmen, executives and repair men. The radio pagers are used by the undertakers in Chicago, Illinois to contact freelance embalmers. Motorola, which manufactures radio...
- RCR's top 20 int'l paging markets. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p16
Lists the 20 largest international paging markets by country, ranked by the estimated number of subscribers in each country.
- Small paging operators excited about future. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p7
Cites the optimism of Southeastern Communications Association members about the prospect of small and regional paging operators in the United States.
- Is paging dead? Ford, Tracy // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p12
Comments on the poor performance of the paging industry in 1999 in the United States and in the international markets. Poor performance of paging stocks; Possible cessation of paging operations; Paging companies' efforts to keep paging service alive.
- Chatty pager. Brink, Susan; Chetwynd, Josh // U.S. News & World Report;10/2/95, Vol. 119 Issue 13, p85
Looks at Skytel's two-way text pager which uses a paging network to send and receive messages up to 95 words. Features; Cost; Contact point; Details on ReadyCom's new ReadyTalk, a two-way paging service that lets the user record and send brief voice messages.
- That dreaded `P' word. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul96, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the growing market for mobile communication systems. Expansion of the Global Systems for Mobile Communications customer base; Slow growth of paging systems; Calling party pay systems in Europe.
- Pushing knowledge to the enterprise. Bernhard, Frank // America's Network;05/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p47
Discusses several trends shaping the market for mobile paging systems. Development of the Flex protocol; Commodity pricing versus niche marketing; Benefits of mobile messaging to consumers and service providers; Paging industry revenue trends.
- Paging infrastructure: The agent, the manager, and the MIB. Ball, Michael // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p74
Describes the infrastructure for radio paging technology. Voltage level signals and tone control; Modem control; Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP); Standards; Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) structure and adoption; Management information base (MIB); Proxy...
- Global Paging Markets. // RCR Wireless News;10/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p12
Examines the trends in the global paging market as of October 12, 2002. Statistics on subscribers; Rate of penetration; Signaling formats used.