Sending Shorthand E-mail
- Canadian Firm Expands SMS Horizon. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p23
Reports on the efforts of AmikaNow! Corp. of Kanata, Ontario to use short messaging services (SMS) as a way of forwarding e-mail from desktop computers. Information on the company's AmikaFreedom and AmikaWisdom e-mail forwarding software products; Use of AmikaNow! components by Canadian carrier...
- Say that to my face next time. Osborne, Helen // Estates Gazette;12/14/2002, Issue 250, p96
Presents information on e-mail and text messaging etiquette. Opinion of several people in Great Britain about sending a text message to a client; Rules of usage for cyberwiters.
- Wireless Suppliers To Promote E-mail, PDA Features. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p96
Reports the efforts of wireless phone suppliers to promote electronic mail (e-mail) messages in the United States. Issues on the incorporation of data technologies in the phones; Relevance of displayed phones and messaging devices for e-mail account accessibility; List of companies...
- The joy of modern life is that you're only a call or an e-mail away from missing your friends. Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman;03/27/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4479, p63
Offers a look at the joy of modern life with the use of mobile phones and e-mail. Communication with friends; Conversation with a mobile phone; Examples of the author's e-mail messages.
- Balancing need to send with need to suspend. Booker, Ellis // B to B;9/29/2008, Vol. 93 Issue 13, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the "How to fight e-mail fatigue," and the "So, can you read me now?"
- Interactive Evolution. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the interest of Cingular Interactive in e-mail and two-way messaging. Factor that prompted the company to increase its budget; Subscribers of the company in January 2001; Its competitors.
- FunMail Adds Animation. // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p28
Reports that FunMail has successfully sent its animated messages over the air between two mobile phones as well as between desktop computers and phones during its beta test program. Details on the test conducted.
- European mobile: a bleak outlook unless strategies change. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Mar2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on the strategic move of European mobile operators to offer corporate data solution to its business customers in the U.S. The strategy offers a variety of electronic mail solutions for customers and also increases choice for end users. Although the mobile email solutions seen...
- Security Breach: Wireless Networks Less Than Secure. Platis, Athena // Rural Telecommunications;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p50
Addresses several issues concerning wireless network security. Difficulties with mobile wireless telecommunications in the United States; Forms of threats to mobile wireless networks; Solutions to spam in mobile networks. INSET: THE BIG PICTURE.