- ATX begins vRM program. // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p21
States that ATX Technologies Inc. has launched its vehicle relationship management (vRM) program. Description of the vRM program; Expectation of the company from the program.
- Telematics' hyperbole contrary to today's reality. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the performance of telematics in the wireless communications market. Remarks from ATX Technologies vice president of external affairs Gary Wallace; Predictions on the future of telematics; Problems in the telematics industry.
- ATX DEBUTS IVR WITH IBM SPEECH TECHNOLOGY FOR VEHICLES. // Audiotex Update;Dec2000, p3
Introduces Interactive Voice Recognition/speech response technology (IVR) by ATX Technologies, Inc. Relevance of the technology in providing motorists with enhanced navigation, safety and convenience; Role of ATX in integrating wireless communications, database functions and...
- ATX, IBM take telematics beyond car. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p1
Reports that ATX Technologies Inc. is integrating IBM Corporation's WebSphere Everyplace Server technology to enable wireless connectivity between vehicles and wireless devices that would extend telematics capabilities beyond the automobile. Benefits of the system; Information to be provided by...
- Telematics, Handsets to Ring Up Gains in 2004. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the potential increase in cellular handset shipments in the U.S. in 2004. Group of consumers which may drive the increase; Forecast on the expansion of telematics service providers OnStar and ATX Technologies; Number of handset units that may be shipped in 2004.
- ATX, TruePosition to develop telematics. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p92
Reports partnership plans between ATX Technologies Inc. and TruePosition Inc. to develop telematic products and services in Dallas, Texas.
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.
- Freedom Of Choice In The Wild Wireless Data World. Tyra, Ken // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p69
Focuses on the option choices of wireless communication users. Factors that influenced the increase in communication offerings; Model that can help users access information anytime and anywhere.