SBC And BellSouth: Long Overdue Nuptials?
- SBC, BellSouth Take Wireless Vows. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p10
No abstract available.
- Combined Forces Move To No.2. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the impact of the merger of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. on the growth of subscribers and competition in the wireless communication industry. Comparison of the number of subscribers of BellSouth and SBC Communications with other wireless communication companies;...
- 2 Shops to Vie for Telecom Giant. Siebert, T.W. // Adweek Western Edition;07/10/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 28, p3
Reports that search firm Wanamaker has been hired to oversee the media review for the merging wireless divisions of BellSouth and SBC Communications. Agencies vying for the account; Estimated value of the account; Plans for the merged entity.
- The new RBOCs: It's all about pantyhose. Briere, Daniel; Heckart, Christine // Network World;06/07/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p36
Focuses on the merger trend in the telecommunication industry in the United States. Basic services offered by carriers; SBC Communications/Southern New England Telephone combination; Absence of services in certain states.
- BELLSOUTH, SBC DISAPPOINT WITH SECOND QUARTER RESULTS. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;7/29/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the below-average earnings of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. for the second quarter of 2002. Weakness of the demand for local voice services; Factors attributed to declined revenues.
- FINANCIAL FORECAST IS SUNNIER FOR VENDORS THAN CARRIERS. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;10/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 21, p8
Discusses the financial performance of the telecommunication industry in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2003. Revenue of wireline carriers; Performance of equipment vendors; Decline in SBC Communication Inc.'s revenue; Net income of BellSouth Corp.; Percentage revenue gain of Avici Systems.
- Telephone Hide and Seek. // OfficePro;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p4
Features two communication devices. Privacy Manager from SBC Inc.; Privacy Director from BellSouth Corp.
- SBC/BellSouth venture hits speed bump. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p23
Reports on the impact of the objection of small Michigan-based cellular phone operator on the progress of the efforts of the joint venture between BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. to create the sixth nationwide wireless carrier.
- SBC, Ameritech go before Illinois utility agency. QUINTON, BRIAN // Telephony;02/01/99, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the argument regarding the proposed SBC Communications/Ameritech merger. Potential effect of merger; Comment from Douglas Whitley, president of Ameritech Illinois; Price reductions Ameritech has offered to residential customers since the fall of 1994.