Incumbents Pounce On Spectrum In Paging Auction
- Publican listas para el cambio de banda. // Revista Mexicana de Comunicacion;dec2008/feb2009, Vol. 21 Issue 114, following p24
No abstract available.
- Band Managers Win On Guard Band. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3
Reports that 700 megahertz guard band will be used for radio systems instead of celullar-like networks in the United States. Controversy on the use of guard band spectrum; Ruling of the Federal Communications Commission on the controversy; Auction held for the guard band.
- TV WHITE SPACE DETECTION USING USRP. R., AMRITHA; T., ANJALI; P., ASWATHYLAKSHMI; V., GREESHMA; SUDHA, T. // Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology;12/31/2015, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p353
The burgeoning demand on radio spectrum owing to explosive development in wireless communication necessitates efficient use of the available frequency spectrum. But this need is at cross purposes with the present system of fixed spectrum allocation. The use of TV white space for communication is...
- So-called `spectrum' not a government property. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;2/13/95, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on the ownership of radio frequency spectrum in broadcasting in the United States. Subsidies to public and commercial broadcasters; Nature of spectrum; Restrictions in the use of spectrums; Expansion of media for communications.
- Large carriers want re-auction rules changed. Luna, Lynette; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p1
Focuses on telecommunication carriers' call for changes in the rules related to the United States Federal Communications Commission's re-auction of C- and F-block personal communications services spectrum.
- Private wireless likely to escape auctions. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p7
Focuses on the United States Federal Communications Commission's plan to tell the private-wireless industry it will not have to face auctions for the spectrum it occupies as of November 6, 2000.
- SMR industry cedes 800 MHz lower 80 channels to Nextel. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on Nextel Communications Inc.'s bid for the lower 80 channels of the 800 megahertz band in the United States.
- Russia may revoke frequencies from existing operators. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p119
Reports the deliberation of the Russian government over the frequencies used by mobile operators, OAO Mobile Telesystems and OAO Vimpel Communications in Moscow, Russia.
- Spectrum Shake-Up for Global 3G? Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;01/10/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the additional megahertz of spectrum that the International Telecommunication Union and some companies believe will be needed for future 3G services. Frequency ranges pointed out by the European community as potentially viable worldwide; Comments from Richard Engelman, chief of the...