Support Growing For Small Business
- Good questions from Dingell. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/27/94, Vol. 98 Issue 26, p30
Editorial. Argues for House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman John D. Dingell's investigation about banking regulators' interpretation of banking law. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in the VALIC case; VALIC case as an example of a federal court's rejection of a banking regulator's...
- Criticism deposited on bank oversight. A.Hofmann, Mark // Business Insurance;05/05/97, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p20H
Presents information on criticisms made by John D. Dingell, Commerce Committee Chairman, at Independent Insurance Agents of America (IIAA) conference, on the mixture of banking and commerce. Reactions to statements made; Applications made by banks.
- Is Dingell now a hero for the state regulators? // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/25/97, Vol. 101 Issue 34, p22
Editorial. Comments on the actions of United States political representative John D. Dingell on banking issues. Background information on Dingell; Statements made by Dingell on financial issues; Comments from other House Banking Committiee representative.
- House Holds FCC To Fire. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
Reports on a spectrum provision which is being opposed by the United States (US) House of Representatives for giving power to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reclaim spectrum licenses held by bankrupt companies. Who would oppose the provision; Solution to the NextWave Personal...
- PCS Spectrum Tops Carriers' Holiday Wish Lists. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p38
Deals with the C- and F-Block Personal Communication System (PCS) spectrum auction in the United States. Actions taken by communication carriers in response to the PCS auction; Efforts o NextWave Personal Communication Inc. to stop the auction; Date set for the PCS auction.
- PCS licenses find new homes. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;7/22/96, Vol. 231 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's reauction of 18 defaulted C block personal communications services licenses. NextWave Personal Communications with seven additional licenses totalling $542 million and covering over 111 million potential customers.
- Judge hears appeal in NextWave case. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p1
Presents an update on the bid of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. to keep its C-block personal communications services licenses in the United States. Judge Charles C. Brieant of the US District Court's remarks on the case; Citation of the importance of getting the licenses back to the US...
- Spectrum sale shows telcos continue to be optimistic. Bryant, Gayle; Banaghan, Margaret // BRW;06/22/98, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p92
Reports on the 1998 auction of band space on the radio-frequency spectrum in Australia reserved for personal communications systems (PCS). Comments from Minister for Communications Senator Richard Alston; Expectations for two mobile systems including the code division multiple access (CDMA);...
- Challenging questions. // Insurance Advocate;11/28/98, Vol. 109 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the questions raised by United States (US) Representative John Dingell to the office of the US Comptroller over the issue of extending the operations of banks into insurance industry. Information on the letter sent by Dingell to the US Office of the Comptroller; Concerns regarding...