MMDS Trials For MCI WorldCom
- 'As Bad as It Gets'. Drake, Diana Lasseter // Business News New Jersey;08/23/99, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the effect of the August 1999 partial shut-down of MCI Worldcom's high-speed data network on small Internet service providers. Stalled automated teller machines; Inability of America Online (AOL) subscribers in New Jersey to access the Internet; Other New Jersey operations that were...
- MCI to sell Internet links. Perez, Juan Carlos; Kujubu, Laura // InfoWorld;11/30/98, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p46
Focuses on MCI WorldCom's plan to offer Internet access in selected cities in the United States based on Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology. Availability of DSL services through the firm's UUNet network; End-to-end Internet access solution; Nationwide coverage of the firm's services. ...
- MCI WorldCom wired for wireless. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;06/28/99, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p13
Reports on MCI Worldcom Inc.'s investment in Metricom Inc.'s wireless Internet access service business in the United States. Metricom's other investors; MCI Worldcom's bid to expand in the wireless sector; Terms of Metricom's deal with MCI.
- VERIZON MARYLAND INC. v. PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION OF MARYLAND et al.: certiorari to the united states court of appeals for the fourth circuit. // Supreme Court Cases: The Twenty-first Century (2000 - Present);2009, p1
The article presents information on U.S. Supreme Court case Verizon Maryland Inc. v. Public Service Commission of Maryland et al, case number 00-1531, argued on December 5, 2001 and decided on May 20, 2002. Under the U.S. Telecommunications Act of 1996, incumbent local exchange carriers are...
- And So the Build Goes On... Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p22
Announces the plans of MCI WorldCom to build an international telecommunication network. Purpose of the move; Telecommunication cables added by MCI in its European backbone; Fibre optic cabling from Racal Telecom acquired by MCI. INSET: News in brief.
- Deja vu for MCI WorldCom. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;11/15/99, Vol. 237 Issue 20, p9
Highlights an investigation by the United States Senate on the MCI WorldCom merger problem. Information on the merger of MCI WorldCom and Cable & Wireless; Overview of the charges against MCI WorldCom.
- Fear and self-loathing. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;04/24/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 17, p76
Comments on the attempts of telecommunication carriers to distance themselves from the past and reinvent their business strategies. Press release of MCI WorldCom about its business plans; Other major carriers that `rebrand' themselves as major players in the Internet; Performance of the stock...
- Marketing expenses drive up network service costs. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p22
Discusses the breakdown of service costs imposed by MCI WorldCom to its customers. High cost of marketing by the telecommunication company; Percentage of cost stemming from local-access charges and switching and transport equipment; Cost of billing the services provided by the company.
- WORLDCOM.GOV. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;5/26/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p18
Comments on telecommunication firm MCI WorldCom Inc.'s business dealings with the U.S. federal government since filing for bankruptcy protection in 2002. Growth in MCI's revenue from federal contracts; Politics behind MCI's continued relations with the federal government.